GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix LED retrofits from halogen review

Riveramichael17

Passed Driver's Ed
I know it's been about two years but have you had any issuing regarding condensation or even having to replace the bulb?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cwlfoto

HID Bulb Change

Hey guys, I'm in the middle (actually the dealership is) of replacing the HID bulbs, I would have done it had I had the time right now but I don't and the dealership is skeptical.

I reached out to Oneperfectdose and they told me to buy D2H Bulbs (preferably morimoto). I did and haven't looked at the housing since it's at the dealership. They are thinking its not possible. Is this correct? I don't think so, I plan on making a trip over there in an hour but wanted to see if you guys had any input.

My dealership is cool with mods and aftermarket parts so thats not the issue fyi.

hugotinini

I reached out to Oneperfectdose and they told me to buy D2H Bulbs (preferably morimoto). I did and haven't looked at the housing since it's at the dealership. They are thinking its not possible. Is this correct? I don't think so, I plan on making a trip over there in an hour but wanted to see if you guys had any input.

I have them in my Helix headlights (Morimoto kit with D2H bulbs, ballasts and igniters) and I can guarantee you that they fit.

Cwlfoto

I have them in my Helix headlights (Morimoto kit with D2H bulbs, ballasts and igniters) and I can guarantee you that they fit.

Thanks for replying, whats your Morimoto ballast and igniter set up? I'm looking to just start fresh with Morimoto and get rid of what came with the headlights.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for replying, whats your Morimoto ballast and igniter set up? I'm looking to just start fresh with Morimoto and get rid of what came with the headlights.

We have a lot of people running our H7 HID kit - less money - quick startup in extreme cold and hot weather, no radio interference, plug and play:
http://deautokey.com/product/35w-slim-digital-ac-canbus-ballast-h7-h8-h11-h15-9006

We have someone who switched from the D2H morimoto to our H7 with great results.

hugotinini

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
We have a lot of people running our H7 HID kit - less money - quick startup in extreme cold and hot weather, no radio interference, plug and play:
http://deautokey.com/product/35w-slim-digital-ac-canbus-ballast-h7-h8-h11-h15-9006

We have someone who switched from the D2H morimoto to our H7 with great results.

The Helix lights are not H7 base compatible. They will sit in the holder, yet we have found some that when they do not sit flush they can melt the inner housing due to the beam creating a hot spot.

Definitely do not want to run H7 low beam.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
The Helix lights are not H7 base compatible. They will sit in the holder, yet we have found some that when they do not sit flush they can melt the inner housing due to the beam creating a hot spot.

Definitely do not want to run H7 low beam.

Ok, we are wondering if we are thinking about a different aftermarket housing then? The one we saw says d2h or H7 low beam, can we see how the d2h sits differently than the H7 tab wise, we can get a d2h setup in the 5500k.

The helix highbeam are H7 compatible though?

Are they much different than the GSW?

jaypoto said:
Full disclosure: I have always been a fan of DeAutoLED's products, ongoing customer support, and warranty. I have fitted my 2017 Golf Alltrack with nearly every possible bulb from DeAutoLED that could be upgraded and replaced. DeAuto recently reached out to me about reviewing their latest HID kit and I was happy to show my support. Here is my review of their latest 5500k HID kit installed in Helix headlights on the 2017 Golf Alltrack.

Installation and shots of the kit will be added later as I update this post. For now enjoy some shots and video of the finished product as well as my impressions.

When I made the decision to go with aftermarket headlights for my Golf Alltrack I knew I had to look to at the top HID lighting companies out there for the right support, product, and warranty. Several companies came to mind but having previous experience with DeautoLED with their led rear brake lights, turn signals, fog kit, trunk light, glove box I knew they were the right option to go with. After discussing with their support team I chose their 5500k HID kit for my Helix projector headlights. My decision was validated when I received the kit packaged neatly via priority usps delivery. Everything looked well built and was a breeze to install into the Helix headlights. Immediately I was able to notice the difference from the base halogen headlights to the new 5500k HID kit. The cutoff is clear and sharp especially after dialing in the Helix lights. The light output is far enough to see in the distance on back roads but not too high to blind other drivers. The de360 kit just adds to the visibility and lights up the bottom and sides of the road nicely. Overall I am very happy that I decided to use DeautoLED for my HID kit and look forward to the support and warranty.

DeautoLED 5500k HID kit and de360 fog kit w/ yellow Lamin-x covers

DeautoLED rear led brake kit w/ rear fog

DeautoLED 5500k HID kit

DeautoLED 5500k HID kit and de360 fog kit w/ yellow Lamin-x covers

DeautoLED 5500k HID kit cutoff

Backroad driving with DeautoLED 5500 HID kit
Backroad driving with DeautoLED 5500 and de360 fog kit w/ yellow Lamin-x covers