GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Someone with VAGCOM in Ventura County

joluga123

Passed Driver's Ed
I ended up buying an OBD Eleven. If anyone needs help. I can help you for free.

Hi, just wondering if there is anyone in the Ventura County that can help me adjust my Gas Fuel Gauge, its driving me crazy!!! I can only do 10.5 gal refills.

I'm willing to pay, I'm not interested in any other coding except this.

Thank you

Last edited:

joluga123

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Man I am in Los Angeles! Let me know if your ever down this way and I'm more than happy to help! (OBD11)

Thank you, I did not know about obdeleven, I just placed my order, good thing to have for a good price.

There seems to be 5 offsets values within the settings, Do you know which one should I change?

Thanks

SRoads

Ready to race!
Hi, just wondering if there is anyone in the Ventura County that can help me adjust my Gas Fuel Gauge, its driving me crazy!!! I can only do 10.5 gal refills.

I'm willing to pay, I'm not interested in any other coding except this.

Thank you

Changing the needle position will not allow you to physical fit more fuel in the tank. Running the tank below a few gallons left will only shorten the life of the pump as fuel is used to cool it.

joluga123

Passed Driver's Ed
Changing the needle position will not allow you to physical fit more fuel in the tank. Running the tank below a few gallons left will only shorten the life of the pump as fuel is used to cool it.

I understand than changing the needle position will not allow me that, but lets put it this way. I hate to see the needle almost in the empty position or very close to it when I still have 2.5 to 3 gallons in the tank.

I drive 120 miles each day, I should be able to drive with a full tank about 360 miles, mostly highway with slight traffic. But NO, once a hit about 300 miles the needle is almost in the empty position and even when I know I still have about 3 gallons left, I cannot stop staring at it.

I get about 30 miles/gallon (sometimes more), 30X12gal = 360 gal. + 1.2gal reserve.

SRoads

Ready to race!
I understand than changing the needle position will not allow me that, but lets put it this way. I hate to see the needle almost in the empty position or very close to it when I still have 2.5 to 3 gallons in the tank.

I drive 120 miles each day, I should be able to drive with a full tank about 360 miles, mostly highway with slight traffic. But NO, once a hit about 300 miles the needle is almost in the empty position and even when I know I still have about 3 gallons left, I cannot stop staring at it.

I get about 30 miles/gallon (sometimes more), 30X12gal = 360 gal. + 1.2gal reserve.

I wonder if you can change the threshold for the light....I'll look into it sometime this week.

joluga123

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder if you can change the threshold for the light....I'll look into it sometime this week.

I would imagine that changing the fuel needle will also change the available miles range, if that is not the case then I would have to look to change the threshold for the miles range as well.

Changing the needle will be 1st step, but if the low fuel light still comes up it will be pretty much the same, I will see the warning in the dash.

Once I get the OBDeleven I'll do it and report the results.

Thanks