GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Install Fail - Schroth Racing Quick Fit Pro Harness

DrCGuerra

Has anyone attempted the install on our Mk. 7 platform?

Head over to the following link I posted in the Cosmetic Modification section:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26198

I just came upon this thread so I do not know if you ever received your answer but I was able to install the Schroth QuickFit Pro on my Golf R MK7. You are correct that the bolt is too large to place it through the outside front belt connector if you try to place the outside front belt connector in front of the front door seat belt tab and then thread the bolt. However, if you place the outside front belt connector tab behind it, it will allow you to thread the bolt to the door. It might take away about an 1/8" of threading but there is still plenty left to thread it through without fear that it will come loose. I just took mine out for a track day and it worked out well. The hardest part is installing the rear as you have to bend back the plastic panel to get to the rear outside strap bolt. I wish I had taken pictures or video of my project to illustrate what I am trying to say better through pictures but I hope this information was helpful and you consider purchasing this product. It was fantastic on the track.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I just came upon this thread so I do not know if you ever received your answer but I was able to install the Schroth QuickFit Pro on my Golf R MK7. You are correct that the bolt is too large to place it through the outside front belt connector if you try to place the outside front belt connector in front of the front door seat belt tab and then thread the bolt. However, if you place the outside front belt connector tab behind it, it will allow you to thread the bolt to the door. It might take away about an 1/8" of threading but there is still plenty left to thread it through without fear that it will come loose. I just took mine out for a track day and it worked out well. The hardest part is installing the rear as you have to bend back the plastic panel to get to the rear outside strap bolt. I wish I had taken pictures or video of my project to illustrate what I am trying to say better through pictures but I hope this information was helpful and you consider purchasing this product. It was fantastic on the track.
I appreciate the feedback and I believe I understand what your saying.

If I purchase the quick fit again, I'll give this a shot.

After your track event did you check the bolt to see if it loosened?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

29whitty

It appears rock solid. I will check it again after my next run. If it does loosen, I will add some Loctite.

reviving a dead thread here as i want to get my hands on a schroth harness. Looking at :

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8592450-Schroth-Racing-Quick-Fit-Harness-Issue

dude made the hole larger to accomodate what you're saying re: the bolt being too large for the hole... my idea is to get a machine shop / transmission shop to supply a replacement bolt without that shoulder... looking at this diagram:

https://shop.georgetownvw.com/a/Vol...-SYSTEMS-FRONT-SEAT-BELTS-4-door/9273545.html

i think we're talking about bolt #4 in the pic... my plan is to get a spare and then shop around for a replacement that is as strong or stronger without that shoulder.. but i'd like to verify this is the correct bolt without ripping my car apart / without ordering the kit first.

thanks for the help!

dbrier

My thought is to try and machine down a stock bolt by 1mm and it should work. Reducing the radius by 1mm shouldn't that hard, I could probably do it with a drill and a file or some sandpaper.
OEM part number is N98924301