GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Installed the ECS boost gauge in the driver side air vent. Seems to be a pretty quality piece. The needle sweep is nice, and colors match the other gauges perfectly. Even dims with the rest of the lights from the roller switch.

Also changed out my cabin filter and sprayed Klima Clean down into the center vents, since it smelled like old gym socks whenever I would turn on the air. Seems to be taken care of for now, however there was an odd smell in my car this morning after sitting in the garage all night. Dunno if it's a left over smell from the cleaner that will hopefully go away after a day or two...

Obakong

Ready to race!
Installed the ECS boost gauge in the driver side air vent. Seems to be a pretty quality piece. The needle sweep is nice, and colors match the other gauges perfectly. Even dims with the rest of the lights from the roller switch.

Also changed out my cabin filter and sprayed Klima Clean down into the center vents, since it smelled like old gym socks whenever I would turn on the air. Seems to be taken care of for now, however there was an odd smell in my car this morning after sitting in the garage all night. Dunno if it's a left over smell from the cleaner that will hopefully go away after a day or two...

Might be a dead critter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Might be a dead critter.

Hope not lol. The first morning after I sprayed, it smelled like rubbing alcohol in the car in the morning which I attributed to the chemicals in the cleaner. The second morning (today) it just smelled kinda stale.

It never just smelled when getting in the car in the morning before, only when turning the air on.

At least the air doesn't smell horrid anymore when turning it on :D

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
When i do cabin filter changes i usually try to vacuum as much crap out of the cabin filter cavity as possible and then run the system without the cabin filter while spraying some lysol or other similar disinfectant with the heat on. I also disable recirculation and spray some from the air intake by the hood cowl. Then replace the filter and seal up the system.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
When i do cabin filter changes i usually try to vacuum as much crap out of the cabin filter cavity as possible and then run the system without the cabin filter while spraying some lysol or other similar disinfectant with the heat on. I also disable recirculation and spray some from the air intake by the hood cowl. Then replace the filter and seal up the system.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not a bad idea. Will be doing this if the smell persists after one or two more days.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
After sitting in my room for 8 months finally got around to installing my Emmanuele Desigh rear sway bar.....

Disaster! Stripped the stupid end link. Now I gotta wait till the morning and hope the stealership has some in stock.
Note: When removing the end links spin the 16mm wrench and NOT the 6mm triple square or you will break/strip it!

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
After sitting in my room for 8 months finally got around to installing my Emmanuele Desigh rear sway bar.....

Disaster! Stripped the stupid end link. Now I gotta wait till the morning and hope the stealership has some in stock.
Note: When removing the end links spin the 16mm wrench and NOT the 6mm triple square or you will break/strip it!

Stock end links stripped for me. Upgrade them

danielb_c

Passed Driver's Ed

You'll most likely want to upgrade your endlinks soon anyway. My stock endlinks couldn't cope with the upgraded bar after about 6 months, and started knocking

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
You'll most likely want to upgrade your endlinks soon anyway. My stock endlinks couldn't cope with the upgraded bar after about 6 months, and started knocking

Is your car lowered? If it is the stock end-links are in a bind & that shortened their life. If a car isn't lowered the stock end-links will work well with an aftermarket swaybar & last a reasonable length of time.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Took me long enough to do it , but it's finally done . Wrapped up top with the gloss black vinyl .

How long does it take them to do that btw

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Those are gonna look sweet.
What tire and size are you planning to run?

Yeah i was looking for Pretorias for long time.

I have got 235/35 Continental ExtremeContact. Was contemplating between these and the ExtremeContact Sport for a sometime and chose these finally.