GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

June Ordering Thread

Metfan08

Ready to race!
That's the one. In hindsight I should've gone back to them and seen if they could have offered the deal I got with my current dealer.

In further annoying news, I lost my wallet in New York along with my drivers licence. The dealer requires my licence before they'll release the car so I've gotta wait for the new one to come through. SO ANNOYED! My car has been there for nearly a week now!

It's been an amazing trip - I didn't realise quite how beautiful the US can be in places. It's a hell of a lot greener than I thought out there. The car was great and didn't miss a beat in the nearly 2,000 miles we did. I'm so confused/surprised/annoyed that I only paid about £110 in total for fuel.

Great choice of car btw! Be sure to get a few pics of it :)

Sorry about your wallet man! Funny story, my wife had sent her DL off for points and our car arrived two weeks early. Sytners negotiated with VWFS and managed to agree a workaround where they accepted passport and two forms of address proofs instead of the DL because they had a photocopy of the licence from the test drives, all went through smoothly. I can't fault Sytners at all, they were excellent. Guess what was on the doormat when we got home from collecting the car? Only the wife's DL!

Anyway, thoroughly recommend Sytners, if/when you go in ask for Lucie and tell her Matt Farrell sent you!

Collecting on 1st September: Mk7 Golf Estate SE 1.4TSI 125 Manual in Metallic Night Blue. Options: Car-Net App Connect, Discover Nav, 2Zone Climate, Net Partition, Silver Roof Rails, Park Assist with Front&Rear Park Sensors.

The Phantom

To be fair i am leasing the car via a broker so all communication has been through them - I just got itchy feet and decided to contact VW directly.

More disappointing however is that my broker told me today VW advised there is a chip on the offside front door - Have been advised this will be fully rectified before delivery however it has miffed me a bit. I know these things can happen but disappointing none the less :(

Car being delivered to me at home Thursday 1st October - Going to be a long week :(

Metfan08

Ready to race!
That's the one. In hindsight I should've gone back to them and seen if they could have offered the deal I got with my current dealer.

In further annoying news, I lost my wallet in New York along with my drivers licence. The dealer requires my licence before they'll release the car so I've gotta wait for the new one to come through. SO ANNOYED! My car has been there for nearly a week now!

So has your DL arrived yet?

Collecting on 1st September: Mk7 Golf Estate SE 1.4TSI 125 Manual in Metallic Night Blue. Options: Car-Net App Connect, Discover Nav, 2Zone Climate, Net Partition, Silver Roof Rails, Park Assist with Front&Rear Park Sensors.

southlegend

Passed Driver's Ed
So has your DL arrived yet?

After a bit of stress this week from the dealer/VWFS, it was delivered this morning.

I've had a quick spin and it's awesome. Also, the Dynaudio system packs a punch!

I'm in the office at the moment so I haven't had time to fully play but I'll be back to offer my detailed thoughts :D

Crownhillbilly

Hi all,

first post on here. Here is my experience so far. Ordered a 1.4 tsi SE Nav DSG, from Murray VW Plymouth on 12/6, 5/7 had an email from VW to say order was at "with the factory", 8/8 tracker still saying with the factory so contacted VW CS, they said an unconfirmed build of week 33 (next week), I'm wondering if the tracker might jump to build in progress or even in transit in the next 2 or so weeks, or even just not update at all!.

Golfplayer

Hi all,

first post on here. Here is my experience so far. Ordered a 1.4 tsi SE Nav DSG, from Murray VW Plymouth on 12/6, 5/7 had an email from VW to say order was at "with the factory", 8/8 tracker still saying with the factory so contacted VW CS, they said an unconfirmed build of week 33 (next week), I'm wondering if the tracker might jump to build in progress or even in transit in the next 2 or so weeks, or even just not update at all!.

Ordered my on 27/6. Build week is next week, have you heard anything yet? Have they started to build your car?

Crownhillbilly

Hi Golfplayer, Contacted VW CS again this Monday, they said it should be built this week, and if I contact them on Friday (tomorrow) they might be able to tell me if mine has been built, also as of today 17, my tracker is still saying "with the factory" 6 weeks after I was first notified!. BTW is your tracker working?.

Golfplayer

Oh okey. Holding my thumbs for you then. :)
In sweden we have a different tracking system. There is an Volkswagen application for your phone with a tracker. This tracker says it is waiting to be build. I've got an email from Volkwagen three weeks ago telling me it will be build w.34 and an automatic email will be sent when its loaded for transport.

Crownhillbilly

Spoke to VW CS today, they told me that my car is being built! :), however it is at build stage 1 of 8, also they said that depending on the particular specification/engine combination it can take up to 2 weeks to build!, although he did say that most don't take that long, also once it leaves the factory he said it takes another 4/6 weeks to arrive at the dealers!, i'm hoping that's a conservative estimate!. We also have the VW app which I have on my phone, but guess what? it also says "with the factory"!, hopefully your car won't be too far behind mine in construction!.

Crownhillbilly

That's great to hear!. yes mine is built too, had a tracker update on the 24th to "in transit", there is a vessel en route at the moment from Emden to Sheerness, the port all VW cars go for southern England and i'm hoping mine might be on it, fingers crossed for a text today, or tomorrow!, if you are interested you might be able to find out what vessel yours might be on by looking on the website marinetraffic.com .

Golfplayer

Bhaa.. No update yet. There is a vessel currently loading in Cuxhaven as i write this. I think all cars go from Cuxhaven to Södertälje port in Sweden. It will leave tonight... Holding my thumbs. Next vessel is in 8 days :(
Has you car arrived at dealer?