GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs A3

Tico63

Ready to race!
A week ago an Audi A3 threw his car in front of me at a light. Had it not been such a violent cut off I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Just non apologetically cut me off as we were slowing down to reach the red light. Didn't signal or wave or anything.

At the green I gunned it as I was behind him to pass him and we went around a postal service truck, I went right (legal), he went left into oncoming traffic to pass the truck. I'm apr stage 1 so you can imagine the buses i put on him. I passed the next traffic light and he got stuck in red. And that was it...

Until 20 seconds later I see the same black A3 flying in my rear view so I gun it again and kept waving at him egging him on. I then noticed he was road rage following me, so I slowed down and his blue hair feminazi girlfriend was cussing me out. I was blowing her kisses and waving at her (I wasn't going to road rage back). The A3 then gets in front me and slams the brakes trying to pin me down.

I had a little bit of space but waited for the driver to jump out to do something. Once he did, I gunned it and got the hell out of there. Never seen so much road rage. Didn't know if he possibly had a gun or wanted to throw fists in which case I'd never put my career or anything like that for a brawl.

I've been beat before and drivers have gotten the best out of me, but instead of road raging with violence I worked on my car to get better performance. I even give thumbs up if I lose because the experience of racing is always fun. If you lose, you man up and work on your car, or just accept it, you don't start trying to fight or incite violence.

I know...

IMG_3420.JPG

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
So based on his size did you think you could take him or did he look like deebo?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I f'ing hate people who "can't be passed"

I'm sure you were just having fun with the waving out the window and blowing the kisses but that's like gasoline on the fire of a rager.

Not everyone is having a great time zipping around. I can't count how many times I see some dumb ass waiting at a green light for several seconds and then flip people off when they hear the horn. Entitled mother f'ers will get angry even though they're 100% the at fault party.

Be careful out there!

(that picture is pretty funny btw :p)

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I skimmed the last paragraph and thought you got his girl's bra when I saw the pic LOL

Man, stay safe out there. This is one reason why I have a dash cam setup.

I've come across some annoying pre-2017 A3s in the past. Think they're the s**t for driving what's usually the base model 1.8 FWD, which is pretty much a Golf that costs twice as much...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
eh some people think theyre hot sh*t when they drive anything faster than a corolla. He wanted to cut you off to see if youll try to dust him. He got mad when he realised his car isnt fast after all. Reality hit him and he couldnt face the facts.

I wouldnt blow kisses and stuff tho, thats just aggravating them and you know it. Dont join in on the pissing contest. Just let your car do the talking and dust him multiple times if needed.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Yea i agree with the comments here.. years ago when I was younger (and dumber) i got into a road rage encounter with a pickup while driving a Z24. It escalated to the point where he was actually tried pushing me off the side of the road.. i backed off at that point as the next escalation would have been much worse im sure..

On another note... i had a Civic SI racing around me the other day... i think now that the RS has arrived, these SI goofballs think they are fast all of a sudden lol

Tico63

Ready to race!
So based on his size did you think you could take him or did he look like deebo?

He looked overweight, maybe 300 pounds, so he'd just sit on me.

I f'ing hate people who "can't be passed"

I'm sure you were just having fun with the waving out the window and blowing the kisses but that's like gasoline on the fire of a rager.

Not everyone is having a great time zipping around. I can't count how many times I see some dumb ass waiting at a green light for several seconds and then flip people off when they hear the horn. Entitled mother f'ers will get angry even though they're 100% the at fault party.

Be careful out there!

(that picture is pretty funny btw :p)

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't going to road rage or get angry back. I also wasn't going to pretend I didn't see them cussing me out. Their plan was to intimidate after losing, so I let them know that wasn't going to work either.

I skimmed the last paragraph and thought you got his girl's bra when I saw the pic LOL

Man, stay safe out there. This is one reason why I have a dash cam setup.

I've come across some annoying pre-2017 A3s in the past. Think they're the s**t for driving what's usually the base model 1.8 FWD, which is pretty much a Golf that costs twice as much...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It was definitely the 1.8 fwd, there was too much gap between us. I'm considering a dash cam, that's a good idea.

eh some people think theyre hot sh*t when they drive anything faster than a corolla. He wanted to cut you off to see if youll try to dust him. He got mad when he realised his car isnt fast after all. Reality hit him and he couldnt face the facts.

I wouldnt blow kisses and stuff tho, thats just aggravating them and you know it. Dont join in on the pissing contest. Just let your car do the talking and dust him multiple times if needed.

I didn't know what to do so I blew kisses, wasn't going to get angry and give them what they wanted. I think the main reason the guy was so butt hurt was because he got put in his place in front of his girl. He must have felt emasculated or something and had to prove he was a man to his control, thus trying to start a fight. But I'm the last person to show people up. A3s are nice cars and I love cars in general, it's the drivers lol. But next time if that happens I'll just stare at them but won't blow kisses, but I definitely won't ignore.

Yea i agree with the comments here.. years ago when I was younger (and dumber) i got into a road rage encounter with a pickup while driving a Z24. It escalated to the point where he was actually tried pushing me off the side of the road.. i backed off at that point as the next escalation would have been much worse im sure..

On another note... i had a Civic SI racing around me the other day... i think now that the RS has arrived, these SI goofballs think they are fast all of a sudden lol

Yeah I figure if someone doesn't care about the consequences and is willing to crash or get arrested you need to get the hell out of there. Too many people with unstable minds and personal problems that are trying to take it out on others on the road.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

oh man pick up trucks drivers are the worst with this. Most of them love to talk about how much hp their 5000lbs truck has. i had an encounter with one of those new f150s who gunned it to block me from passing him, but i ended up pulling easy. they dont realise it has high hp for towing purposes. not high hp=sports car.

and for the civic SI, they are always trying to race something lol. But in general i think a lot of cars try and race us is because they see the 210hp rating and think thats not that much (i used to be like that towards GTI's) but in reality we all know thats not the case

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I didn't know what to do so I blew kisses, wasn't going to get angry and give them what they wanted. I think the main reason the guy was so butt hurt was because he got put in his place in front of his girl. He must have felt emasculated or something and had to prove he was a man to his control, thus trying to start a fight. But I'm the last person to show people up. A3s are nice cars and I love cars in general, it's the drivers lol. But next time if that happens I'll just stare at them but won't blow kisses, but I definitely won't ignore.

yea i think thats exactly why he got mad lol. eh i think ignoring is prob the best option tho, or if they keep on runnin their mouth just ask if they want to race again. keep it about car vs car

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Damn, be careful out there. Cowards get out of cars in a "road rage" incident to start a fight. Cowards are the most dangerous people as they will escalate things to an unreasonable level if they see they are outmatched, all out of fear. Ask any real martial artist, whether it be BJJ, Judo, kickboxing, etc and they'll tell you what a bad idea it is to engage these people even if you are confident in your abilities. You did the right thing to just leave when things got out of hand.

I wouldn't engage with these people to begin with besides laughing at their stupidity behind my tinted windows. To act in that way, their lives probably suck a whole lot, they're miserable, and any little reason is seen as an opportunity to let all that frustration out. Whose got time for that? Life's too good. There are plenty of gyms I can go to if I feel like fighting (aka getting my ass kicked :D) in a controlled environment, the street is not the place to do it.

Side note: audi drivers suck. In my area, they're up there with bimmers and small dick truck guys in terms of dangerously cutting people off in traffic.

Tico63

Ready to race!
Damn, be careful out there. Cowards get out of cars in a "road rage" incident to start a fight. Cowards are the most dangerous people as they will escalate things to an unreasonable level if they see they are outmatched, all out of fear. Ask any real martial artist, whether it be BJJ, Judo, kickboxing, etc and they'll tell you what a bad idea it is to engage these people even if you are confident in your abilities. You did the right thing to just leave when things got out of hand.

I wouldn't engage with these people to begin with besides laughing at their stupidity behind my tinted windows. To act in that way, their lives probably suck a whole lot, they're miserable, and any little reason is seen as an opportunity to let all that frustration out. Whose got time for that? Life's too good. There are plenty of gyms I can go to if I feel like fighting (aka getting my ass kicked :D) in a controlled environment, the street is not the place to do it.

Side note: audi drivers suck. In my area, they're up there with bimmers and small dick truck guys in terms of dangerously cutting people off in traffic.

Dude that was perfect, well said.

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
You did the sensible thing.

As you get older, you usually get better perspective and apply common sense in stressful situations. Yesterday I was cruising on the open road, and a BMW came charging up my rear. I signalled and moved to the left lane, but hit the throttle as she (yes, a female) started passing on the right.

I gained on her, and got right next to her, at at about 105mph, I decided that was enough.
Pleased to see it was a 135i, and that the R has got the beating of it.

Roll back 20 years, I have no doubt I would have not budged, and would most certainly have gone well north of 150mph.

OP, you are correct in that you never know what kind of crazy some of these road ragers may well be.