GOLFMKV

Will these rub you think?

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R

EShadowbrook

Passed Driver's Ed
No you won't rub. Not even close. In fact you might want some spacers with that setup to flush the wheels with the fenders

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Agree. You'll be totally fine. Lots of people run 18x8.5 with 235/40/18 and VWR or ED springs which drop a bit more than DG.

If you went with your setup you could still add 5mm spacers front and 10mm spacers rear, to match the ECS flush kit look.

I'd probably just go with 5mm spacers in the rear though, personally.

Last edited:

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Many thanks guys. I'll post some pictures once everything is complete.

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Glad to hear it. Looks great!

How do you like the ride of those DG springs?

ryohei47

Ready to race!
You couldn't find Cadiz wheels from someone who upgraded on their R? 630 for new wheels isn't bad at all but like with all the Austins for sale I'm sure it is the same with the Cadiz.

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Glad to hear it. Looks great! How do you like the ride of those DG springs?
Yep; I like the ride; as common stated, '...how it should have come from the factory'. The all seasons I am currently running are pretty comfy as well, so overall, still very streetable for my my needs/tastes.

You couldn't find Cadiz wheels from someone who upgraded on their R? 630 for new wheels isn't bad at all but like with all the Austins for sale I'm sure it is the same with the Cadiz.
Sure, there were Cadizs to be found, but the 19s come at a premium cost, and I'd also have to get new tires, while mine were like new, so I couldn't justify the overall cost of the 19" package.