GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

full bolt on is38 gti dsg vs 2017 FULL BOLT ON 5.0

ML1234

Ready to race!
I did a 40 roll when i was is38 with stock intercooler in 90 degree heat. I did not want to back down so I accepted the race. I spun and just gave up quick. So i told him well rematch when I get my intercooler. Just want to know if anyone has raced a 5.0 with is38 before. I have is38 apr stage 2 plus tune, dsg tune, apr catted dp, injen intake, and muffler and res delete.

5.0 has full exhaust(headers), gt350 intake and tune. 6 speed

We will do a 60 roll

digilio86

Ready to race!
40 mph is your sweet spot in second. Let that turbo spoil up quickly. Better to spin and spool than to lag and have traction in my experience. Generally speaking v8 cars pull better the faster the speed climbs. (Compared to turbo four pots) Doing a 60 roll I believe you are playing to his advantage but maybe someone else can chime in on that. I do know the coyote jumps hard, even compared to the built/cam c5 vette I race this last week.

Should be a pretty close race with you pulling slightly imo.

Tried to share vids from my insta but Tapatalk isn't cooperating.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Higher horsepower has the advantage as the speed climbs so a roll from 60 definitely helps the 5.0

Gonna need a mega amount of room to roll from 60 also, sounds dangerous around NYC.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I raced a bolt on 15/16 coyote possibly on E85 and went neck to neck from 60-140 mph. I was on the Eurodyne 93 IS38 file on a E30 blend and no water meth. Don't forget to brake boost....I would love to race the same coyote since I'm boosting 25 psi with water-meth. The original file was only on 21 or 22 psi.

Venumous

Ready to race!
If he's pump gas should be neck and neck. On E85, he should stay a bit up on you.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

ML1234

Ready to race!
I raced a bolt on 15/16 coyote possibly on E85 and went neck to neck from 60-140 mph. I was on the Eurodyne 93 IS38 file on a E30 blend and no water meth. Don't forget to brake boost....I would love to race the same coyote since I'm boosting 25 psi with water-meth. The original file was only on 21 or 22 psi.

My car goes all the way up to almost 27ish on apr tune with no meth.

ML1234

Ready to race!
Higher horsepower has the advantage as the speed climbs so a roll from 60 definitely helps the 5.0

Gonna need a mega amount of room to roll from 60 also, sounds dangerous around NYC.

We have some room on the cross island usually dont go past 130-140