GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil change keyless vehicle

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
So this time round I'm going to diy the oil change, however I wanted confirmation that the oil service reset proceedure is the same as the key version?
eg enter the car hold the 0-0 button press the start button temporarily then press the 0-0 button again when prompted?
This won't reset the trip counter?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Finally got around to changing the oil today, the oil reset worked but the mileometer reset to 0.0 :( , still only 350 miles until 20k so will reset it again so they are sync'd lol.
Took about 90 mins of my own time, a 2 ton trolley just about raised it high enough for the axle stands to go into place at a height to get under the car, cost £44 for oil filter and sump plug from the stealership.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Nice. I think after my warranty runs out in December. I'll start fit servicing my self. A lot cheaper and I'll always take more care of my own car than the lock mechanics. It's just a shame don't get any stamps but will keep all receipts

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Nice. I think after my warranty runs out in December. I'll start fit servicing my self. A lot cheaper and I'll always take more care of my own car than the lock mechanics. It's just a shame don't get any stamps but will keep all receipts

The sump plug is plastic and a quarter turn to remove, the oil filter is in a nice place, I placed a cloth around the bottom but there was no spillage (after draining the oil), next year I will let the stealership do it only as It'll be time for a gearbox service too .