GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window Tint Resource Thread

Dave88LX

Car(s)
'16 GTI S 6MT
Wish I could just drop the car off with EuroVision, as it's obvious they know what they're doing, but unfortunately I am on the East Coast, so I can't. That's what I am most after with getting my white '16 GTI 2-door tinted -- quality job.

I have access to a ton of shops throughout MD and southern PA so it's hard to get to them all and narrow them down. I had one local shop do my truck with Suntek Carbon a few years ago and was happy with the results. I just started talking with them about doing my GTI.

They carry Suntek (Carbon, CXP), Huper Optik (too light for my taste), and Rayno Phantom S9. Other shops carry 3M Crystalline but again too light for me.

If I use this shop, I am thinking of Rayno S9 on the sides/rear window in 5%, and they recommended SunTek CXP on the windshield in 55%. I forget why they don't do Rayno on the front, maybe it was because I wanted a 5% strip across the top of the windshield, or maybe 50% was too dark.

I am looking at $450 for the Rayno, $120 for the CXP windshield, and $40 for the CXP "eyebrow".

What are some specific questions I could ask the shop about this car without sounding condescending or offensive? I wouldn't expect the front desk girl to know the intricacies of each car so I feel she might just give me the canned "my guys know that car well" response.

If you have any contacts in the MD/PA area that you would recommend, I'd be willing to hear those too. Any guidance or direction you can give is appreciated!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I'm getting tinted with 3M Crystalline on Monday. I'm still undecided on which percentage to go with, but I'm leaning toward very light. I saw a picture of an Audi that is also dark blue and they went with Crystalline 60 all around and I think it looks very classy and grown up (post #2 here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/581289-Post-your-3M-Crystalline-Tint!).

I'm not a fan of the blacked out look personally, plus I had Crystalline 40 on my Focus ST and it had a bronze look to it that I don't think would go well with night blue. The IR (97%) and UV (99.9%) rejection are identical in all Crystalline shades 70 and darker, so it's really just a matter of which shade looks best on the car.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

Not sure who you're asking, but my 3M Crystalline tint, including trim removal to properly tint the side mirror triangle windows, was $599. Crystalline isn't cheap, but I'm willing to pay for the best heat reduction.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Just got my tint done by Danny at Hot Spot in chula vista. this is third car going through him. awesome guy awesome work awesome price.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Anyone have experience with CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramics film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk