GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD boost pressure

theblueflash

Decided to try out vcds using their adv. measuring.

Firstly does anyone know the stock boost pressure of a mk7 GTD? Can't seem to find any figures online. Only seem to be gti or tuned cars

Thanks

theblueflash

34 psi !!! Surely it's not that much. Sure I read somewhere that the R only produces 17psi

Which parameter do I need to log in the adv. Measuring to see what it's peaking at? I'm worried my car is down on power now and possibly has a boost leak

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
I have driven the GTD several times and it produces exactly the same boost pressure as my engine 150ps
Mine tops at 2.6bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
I have driven the GTD several times and it produces exactly the same boost pressure as my engine 150ps
Mine tops at 2.6bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a diesel guy, but that is likely manifold pressure you are measuring/reading. So, if that is the case, subtract 1 bar (14.7 PSI) from that 2.3-2.6 bar to account for atmospheric pressure.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Just going off what the car says on its readout screen on the 8.5inch display under "car" button

Yes, then you will have to subtract the atmospheric pressure to get true turbo boost number. Some GTI's (and likely most R's) have the readout here in the US and see the same manifold pressure reading. Not sure if VW is ever going to address this or not, but it is a bit annoying. You will see folks discussing the readout in the comments for this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvHs_iDUN9k

theblueflash

I did a run today from 1500 rpm to redline in 3rd gear. I logged that with vcds with adv measuring again. I selected "Charge air pressure specified value" as I wasn't sure what exactly​ I needed. This gave me a max figure of 2769 hpa

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
You'll want to log "Intake manifold pressure; absolute (hPa)" to get manifold pressure. You'll have to subtract atmospheric pressure from that value (~1013 hPa at sea level) and convert hPa to bar or PSI. You are currently logging "Charge air pressure; specified value (hPa)" in which shows what the ECU is requesting. This number also includes atmospheric pressure. Hope this helps!

theblueflash

You'll want to log "Intake manifold pressure; absolute (hPa)" to get manifold pressure. You'll have to subtract atmospheric pressure from that value (~1013 hPa at sea level) and convert hPa to bar or PSI. You are currently logging "Charge air pressure; specified value (hPa)" in which shows what the ECU is requesting. This number also includes atmospheric pressure. Hope this helps!

Cheers. Will give that a go this weekend.