GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DP and CEL?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Exactly. That's the second sensor, which is designed to measure o2 post-cat. Here's a pic for illustration. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Which insert did you use? I have an APR DP, JB4, and elbow spacer. More often than not CEL pops up.
Hey Scrapin, got the spacer but no idea what to do with these small parts. Any advice? Thanks!

IIRC in the end that screws into the DP, you will use the spacer in the middle, the second row on the right of your pic.
Then you take the black snap ring and place in the groove so that medium collector stays without falling out. Be careful with the snap ring just because it's small and has some tension when you try to squeeze it in there, so you don't lose it.
Then use the gold washer on the on the DP side, and just angle it so it doesn't hit the body of the car and you'll be good to go, and CEL free.

And Thanks for buying a DP with a cat!

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
IIRC in the end that screws into the DP, you will use the spacer in the middle, the second row on the right of your pic.
Then you take the black snap ring and place in the groove so that medium collector stays without falling out. Be careful with the snap ring just because it's small and has some tension when you try to squeeze it in there, so you don't lose it.
Then use the gold washer on the on the DP side, and just angle it so it doesn't hit the body of the car and you'll be good to go, and CEL free.

Thanks! I'll have to break it open and try to follow your instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davespeed

Thanks for the feedback... ?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed

Ok I think I don't get it. I got stuck at the black snap ring. Where does that go and what do I do with the other two round pieces, help?

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so I think from this point the black snap ring goes next then pick one spacer to sit onto of the snapring then leave one spacer out right? Which spacer do I use? Big hole or little one?

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so I think from this point the black snap ring goes next then pick one spacer to sit onto of the snapring then leave one spacer out right? Which spacer do I use? Big hole or little one?

Ok I think I got it. Just need one spacer and put the black snap ring to hold it in place. Now I wish I had the right tool to get that snapring in [emoji53]

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok I think I got it. Just need one spacer and put the black snap ring to hold it in place. Now I wish I had the right tool to get that snapring in [emoji53]

Got er done, no cel [emoji106] thanks y'all!

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
I had a cel with the APR DP and APR stage 1 tune. I just got stage 2 yesterday which obviously compensates for the dp and removes the cel condition.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
I had a cel with the APR DP and APR stage 1 tune. I just got stage 2 yesterday which obviously compensates for the dp and removes the cel condition.
Awesome. Do you know what the o2 readiness shows now? Did stage 2 make it "unavailable"? Reason I ask is I'm contemplating the APR DP but wondering how it affects my OBD based smog checks.

Yeah it may flow both ways, but the o2 sensor should come after the main body of the cat, not before. Could make a difference if that section was installed backward. ;)
The answer man!!

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
Awesome. Do you know what the o2 readiness shows now? Did stage 2 make it "unavailable"? Reason I ask is I'm contemplating the APR DP but wondering how it affects my OBD based smog checks.

The answer man!!

I'm not sure tbh. I would ask APR to see what they have to say if you haven't already.

JJ