GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

pricej6361

Ready to race!
+1 looks clean. IATs are getting a little higher which is why timing isn't advancing as high as some other logs, but it looks good and like Perry said, you could try increasing it a bit with map 6. Use the values in your log as a good starting point if you're not sure what to start with

Thanks as well. I did my runs on a stretch of black asphalt road that was just sitting there baking in the sun and radiating heat up, probably not the best choice but it was straight and empty. I'm sure that contributed to the higher temps. IC is on my list of things to do for sure.

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

ashiun

Ready to race!
ok y'all, i got a question.

i want to buy a downpipe for the sound, but im currently still on stock clutch. therefore, i want to be roughly the same hp with stock everything and jb4 map 1, vs with a downpipe and a "low" boost map 6.

if i install the downpipe, should i look to turn map 6 down to maybe +2/3 psi instead of +5 peak?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
ok y'all, i got a question.

i want to buy a downpipe for the sound, but im currently still on stock clutch. therefore, i want to be roughly the same hp with stock everything and jb4 map 1, vs with a downpipe and a "low" boost map 6.

if i install the downpipe, should i look to turn map 6 down to maybe +2/3 psi instead of +5 peak?

The clutch is mostly affected with what happens below 4000rpm.

ashiun

Ready to race!
The clutch is mostly affected with what happens below 4000rpm.

So just run +1 through to 2.5k, then slowly raise it to +3 by 4k, then +4 above 4k?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nope I'm running jb4 map 1. Thanks for the help

Yep I agree you have a fair amount of corrections. Surprised map 1 is giving you issues. As Diggs said, try a different gas station and if possible, throw in a couple gallons of e85 and try logging again

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
So just run +1 through to 2.5k, then slowly raise it to +3 by 4k, then +4 above 4k?

Above 4k you can keep it high if you want and won't kill the clutch. 3000-4000 is the sweet clutch killing point ;) driving habits are the real contributor to premature clutch wear imo. I'm still on stock clutch, 16.5+ miles and had a JB1/4 and downpipe on it for almost 15k miles of that. Never once had clutch issues... Now I just jinxed myself