GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clubsport Muffler

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
The tips on the clubsport muffler, are they the same size as the stock tips on the PP GTI?. I'm asking cause I just purchased the BMS exhaust tips and if I do decide to get the Clubsport muffler, I would be able to fit it on that. Thanks guys.

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
NVM, I saw a side by side and the tips are not the same. I guess I'll just add a downpipe to get some noise...

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
CSS tips are 85mm vs the stock 70mm tips. That said, tips have no bearing on sound.

Do be warned than aftermarket downpipes with this muffler can be raspy and may drone.

Damn that sucks I was really hoping to pair a Unitronic downpipe with a CSS muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
CSS tips are 85mm vs the stock 70mm tips. That said, tips have no bearing on sound.

Do be warned than aftermarket downpipes with this muffler can be raspy and may drone.

Oh absolutely, I know the tips won't make any sound difference. I'm just pointing out that I just bought this tips and was wondering if they would work on the CS exhaust. But since it won't, I'm just gonna add a DP on my setup and be done with it. My previous car was a speed6 and I was fully bolted and I hated that loud and droney exhaust.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

Do be warned that aftermarket downpipes with this muffler can be raspy and may drone.

70mm = 2.76 inches. Is that the inlet measurement? There's another thread where people are replacing the stock tips with aftermarket tips that have a 2.5 inch inlet.

Just trying to get clarification. I'm planning on getting a CSS muffler and would like to change the tips. Just want to confirm if your numbers are correct.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
The tips are the best part of the CSS.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
If your going catless leave the rest of the exhaust alone. Burger has bolt on larger tips for stock muffler.

Why should anyone go catless? Did he even mention 'catless'? Why suggest
something that mad? To anticipate that, hurting other people isn't smart. It
doesn't even give a power gain worth mentioning.
That said, is it smart running a car that clutch is slipping at lower rpms? Do
you think that's normal when you need to modulate throttle in 5th and 6th?
I find it stupid to be honest. ;)

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
^^^. And what you just wrote above must make you a genius. Lol.

And below now makes you super genius. Please continue contributing...

Last edited:
Congrats, verily objective, exactly the answer I was expecting. :)

To remind you, I was pointing to two technical facts, while you're
trying to talk about a forum member (whose opinion you dislike) only.

No need to be a genius to realize that simple matter. ;)

Last edited:

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
If your going catless leave the rest of the exhaust alone. Burger has bolt on larger tips for stock muffler.

That's what I'm gonna be doing but with a CAT. I have the BMS muffler tips. I don't want an obnoxious exhaust anymore, I used to have one my last car and I'm getting too old for it. I'm just going to add a downpipe and maybe remove the resonator and keep the back box.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Damn that sucks I was really hoping to pair a Unitronic downpipe with a CSS muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have this setup and as long as you keep the stock resonator you will have no drone.:D

Got rid of the Magnaflow CBE because there was too much drone with the Uni DP.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
That's what I'm gonna be doing but with a CAT. I have the BMS muffler tips. I don't want an obnoxious exhaust anymore, I used to have one my last car and I'm getting too old for it. I'm just going to add a downpipe and maybe remove the resonator and keep the back box.

I see. Removing the resonator would definitely increase the volume and drone quite a bit. A dp with cat would be a little tamer than catless.