GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
You confused it when it was without traction. It probably assumed you were trying to still accelerate but let off due to no traction, therefore it held the gear for you to see if you'd try and go at it again. When you didn't it decided to start upshifting. Has nothing to do with the JB4 (well, the loss of traction does but you'd have that with any tune). My $0.02

I'd agree with this. The tiptronic automic does similar stuff. Its just the algorithm related to automatic shifting and the way vw does it.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
+1 usually fixes it for people having the same issue.

FlyGTI2

Ready to race!
Figured I'd post here since there is more activity. A friend of mine has a 17' R with JB4 running Map 1, car is otherwise bone stock (DSG). It keeps throwing a CEL for "Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low". Any ideas on why? This happens on both Map 1 and Map 2.

I don't have a log on hand but on Map 2 the trims stayed below 30 with only minor timing correction (was a hot day).

I have a 17R with DSG on map 1 still, I had a cel and I checked the blue tap wire and made sure it was seated well and the cel went away.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I have a 17R with DSG on map 1 still, I had a cel and I checked the blue tap wire and made sure it was seated well and the cel went away.

He is not tapped. So far everything seems to be fine by putting FOL to 50, he will be doing more pulls tonight to verify.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Maybe I am late to the game but you can run the JB4 mobile app and connect it to your phone using the data log cable. Better than using a laptop.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Jb4 mobile is the shit....well worth the money....its amazing....i have an old s3 connected via otg cable

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
jb4 mobile app costs money. old laptop from closet doesnt. Also pretty sure otg cable wont work with iPhone

$28 and it's so worth it. I just asked friends if anyone had an old android they wanted to give me. I got a nexus 5 for free and $5 cable. You can run live gauges, log at the touch of a button, and change maps or map settings on the fly. Can't beat it