GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Pad Suggestions

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
I'm going to be replacing my front brakes within a couple of weeks and I'm looking for some pad suggestions that fit the PP front brakes.

I'd like to get a set that can handle year-round aggressive road use. Currently looking at EBC Yellowstuff. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
The Endless pads look nice, but way too expensive for me. I can't spend $350+ on just one set of pads.

Any links to vendors of the Ferodo pads?

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
The Endless pads look nice, but way too expensive for me. I can't spend $350+ on just one set of pads.

Any links to vendors of the Ferodo pads?

I've gotten mine through Dave Zeckhausen. He's an enthusiast, and has great customer service.
Maybe not the least expensive source, but I've had only good experiences with him and his shop over the past 10 years.

Fronts - D1633
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...words=D1633&osCsid=hqgarsl7vhernctpct0elois21

Rears - D1108
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=D1108

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Geomets got his MX72s directly from Japan. Way cheaper. If you
don't wanna go this route I'd get the Ferodos. Well proven quality.

I agree. My preference list was 1) Endless, 2) Carbon Lorraine (unfortunately no pad for the PP), 3) Ferodo DS2500.
I used the DS2500 in a Saxo (very light car) and in a Peugeot 207RC (slightly heavire than the Golf!). This pad could not bode well with the stock Peugeot rotors. I had random noise when cold (and hot). They performed pretty well in braking though. I went to Carbon Lorraine RC5+ with Tarox G88 when I couldn't stand the noise anymore. I'm glad I did!
Now I'm even happier with the Endless. Great pad with great performance, excellent modulation, little dust and NO noise. I would say that these pads are great in every area from city to fast road driving. It's kind like the Ohlins: better ride quality with better handling characteristics. That's why they are pricey. Add in the mix their low wear (they last in GTRs...) and they could be seen as a bargain.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I paid AU$380 for MX72 from a shop in Australia. Yet to fit though so no feedback to provide. Really hope they wear as good as everyone says. Was thinking about flipping the pads from back to front to increase the life. Any negatives? Maybe pad contact issues?

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
I paid AU$380 for MX72 from a shop in Australia. Yet to fit though so no feedback to provide. Really hope they wear as good as everyone says. Was thinking about flipping the pads from back to front to increase the life. Any negatives? Maybe pad contact issues?

Is it a full set or the front ones? If it's a full set, that's a great price!
What do you mean by flipping the pads? Pads are not tyres.

Last edited:
Provided the calipers are in good condition wear should be near-equal at least.
Typically diverging inside/outside pad wear is caused by jammed caliper guides.
Nonetheless, from what I remember all four pads should be the same shape. If
that's true you could of course swap them, which could make 'some' sense if
you experience diverging wear while your rotors still are fairly even. I would not
do that when the rotors are pretty much grooved.

Geomets:

1 AU$ = 0,677 €
380 AU$ = 257 €

Which is still pretty reasonable and well worth the money. :)

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
you experience diverging wear while your rotors still are fairly even. I would not

Geomets:

1 AU$ = 0,677 €
380 AU$ = 257 €

BB I've found this happens when tracking. Inside wears about 20-25% faster. I believe it's due to either the extra heat from track or the design limitations of a single piston calliper. This occurred on both my GTI and GTI CS from new. If my theory about the heat is correct. I'm hoping to see some improvement now they I have air guides installed and will be removing the dust guard when I fit the MX72 pads.

Link to pads http://vsport.com.au/product/endless-eip250-brake-pads/

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI

Geomets:

1 AU$ = 0,677 €
380 AU$ = 257 €

Well said. Front pads are the same but I wouldn't do it. The rear pads are different though, and it would be impossible to "flip" them.
I forgot the exchange balance for AUD :eek:
I bet it would be cheaper from Japan. It's nearer to Australia than Europe.
Replicate, you shouldn't worry about wear, they'll last longer than the other pads you used. Please, share your data about wear, you're going to "eat" them faster with your track sessions and I would be interested hearing your opinion about them.;)