GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I went from ED to DG and couldn't be happier. The DG springs are low enough for me and ride quality is truly like stock. I read a lot of folks saying that ED and VWR rode like stock but that wasn't my experience.

That's why I tune out most impressions.

Probably done by people that are much younger and have less experience with good suspension setups.

You can't take 1.3-1.6" of suspension travel out and ride like stock. It's not possible.

coleminer

Here's my 2017 manual on DG's.

Attachments

• IMG_4017.JPG
    IMG_4017.JPG
    971.2 KB · Views: 1,347

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looks great!

Which wheels are those?

Lopez0101

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 Mk7 GTI
Yeah. I'll probably pull the trigger on the DGs, instead of taking my fronts apart again just to take the 034 mounts off on my ED springs. Plus, DG are an OEM part, so hopefully that'll save some hassle at the dealer if anything goes, suspension wise... Curious, has anybody tried the 034 strut mounts with the DG springs and had no issues?

coleminer

Looks great!

Which wheels are those?

Thanks! See below.

Did you use the tt spring pads? Looks great, no rake

Thanks! No pads. I thought about getting them knowing I had a little less weight up front with the manual but I decided to just see how it turned out as I could always add them later. I'm pretty happy with the results!

I am thinking it's these:

Alzor 640 18x8 et45

That's them! I ran these on my old mk6 and decided to bring them over when I traded up. I think they compliment the lines on the car quite well.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
That's them! I ran these on my old mk6 and decided to bring them over when I traded up. I think they compliment the lines on the car quite well.

They look great on your silver car and they look very OEM like.

Great job!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
They look great on your silver car and they look very OEM like.

Great job!

I agree. Very OEM looking. Not OEM priced... [emoji1303]

Weight isn't too bad at 25 lbs. Same as the Austins.

Nice that ECS includes the hub centric rings.

figgy1

Ready to race!
So last question according to the specs of my car DG springs PN 5G4071677D http://shop.ahw-shop.de/tieferlegun...-federn-tieferlegung?number=5G4071677D&c=6425 should fit but I already had these installed and had a disastrous experience with them. Massive positive rake issues with the 5G4071677D springs so Im wondering this time would the 5G3071677C http://shop.ahw-shop.de/tieferlegun...-federn-tieferlegung?number=5G3071677C&c=6425 be better as they are rated for a lighter engine Golf and a 2 door model. My thought process is that these springs will sit a little lower on the front and backs giving a nice drop with comfortable handling.

Again Im really sorry for all the questions regarding DG springs but after getting it wrong twice already I really need to make sure i get it spot on this time round. Much appreciated all

When I remember correctly you had the IRS version fitted on your twist-beam rear Golf. ;)
Since IRS springs are noticeably longer the odd rake you experienced has been inevitable.

figgy1

Ready to race!
When I remember correctly you had the IRS version fitted on your twist-beam rear Golf. ;)
Since IRS springs are noticeably longer the odd rake you experienced has been inevitable.

There is no difference between all the DG 5G*071677* suffix springs available. They don't make different ones for IRS & Torsion beam axles. Its a one size fits all. Only difference is the weight of the VA/HA load and wether car is 2 door or 4 door according to http://shop.ahw-shop.de/tieferlegungssatz-original-vw-golf-7-5g-tuning-federn-tieferlegung?c=6425 Correct me if Im wrong please though. Seems like in America its a one fits all https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__Golf/Sport-Suspension-Kit/53175668/5G4071677E.html This is such a confusing subject. I'm certainly not an expert by any matter of means but with all the different PN's its making my life a nightmare