GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Would anyone be interested in this little E85 calculator I put together? It's in Google Sheets.

Attachments

• Calculator.JPG
    Calculator.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 557

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Also from what 0blivious posted on the Eurodyne thread, it seems like the ED tunes run stoich and get rich towards the top.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What's the max amount of ethanol our fuel systems can handle? Not in a fueling supply sense, but in a safe for the parts sense. A friend of mine with the 1.8 and IS20 swap was going to upgrade injectors and pump to the gti units. He asked about running straight e85.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
What's the max amount of ethanol our fuel systems can handle? Not in a fueling supply sense, but in a safe for the parts sense. A friend of mine with the 1.8 and IS20 swap was going to upgrade injectors and pump to the gti units. He asked about running straight e85.

No one really knows, but we can't run E85 until someone build us a ethanol sensor. Then the ECU needs to work in conjunction with the sensor to adjust parameters. GTI pump and sensors probably aren't enough.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Nice job, really digging the VW theme..[emoji106]
Thanks. PM me for download.

Reason I did this is because the sites I used would calculate rounded numbers or not reveal the content precisely. I hope it helps!

Last edited:

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
You should try 4 gallons.
Getting to that 4 gal. mark sooner than I thought. I'm at E30 now. Surprise, surprise, after switching back to APR 91 HO from LO, gas mileage went back to normal. Logs look good and power feels great even in 118F!

JSoler

Ready to race!
I don't have access to my tester at the moment, but the bp on 112/main St in Patchogue NY has 87% in their e85. I was shocked lol. I purposely will drive to near COMPLETE empty every time just so I can go to that gas station

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk