GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let it Be Driven, Let it Be Done!

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
Plus 1. Does it still idle smoothly, and start easily?

That sounds really cheap for a blower motor. Did you install it yourself?
It still idles like a VW starts fine just like the day I bought it. VW put it in for $60........... broke just when we had that heatwave last week in the NorthEast.

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
Awesome to hear! I also bought mine new and plan to keep it for a long time. Very cool to read it's been that so dependable for ~75k on the Uni Stage1+ over that use (if I read that correctly?). Means to me these engines are strong indeed and, especially on stock power, one could likely get away with a LOT more miles before anything major ever happens.

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
Awesome! So your 2015, no blown turbo and stock clutch with tune. You may have a unicorn :D

Very great to hear someone enjoying and able to drive their car

This is not as big of an issue as these threads make it out to be. I've got an earlier 2015 build and have had zero issues with the stock clutch and turbo with it tuned. Really glad these cars are holding up!!!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
None yet. I drive 106 miles to work and back 3 to 4 days a week. Mostly all highway miles mostly at high speeds......

That's great to hear! It definitely sounds like you take amazing care of your. Here's to another 100k!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I didn't realize blower motors were that easy to install. I thought you needed to remove a lot of plastic under the dash to get to it. $60 is like he's working on it for only 1/2-hour.

SpinKix

Passed Driver's Ed
How about suspension, alignment?

I lived near Philly and those trolly tracks and potholes were no fun, especially in the winter when the tire ruts freeze.

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
I didn't realize blower motors were that easy to install. I thought you needed to remove a lot of plastic under the dash to get to it. $60 is like he's working on it for only 1/2-hour.

It seems not to be a hard job to do. I would have done it myself but I had to go to work and it was hot...... I was thinking that VW gave me a break because I already paid 110 for the diagnostics, but was told before that money does not go to the repair.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
It seems not to be a hard job to do. I would have done it myself but I had to go to work and it was hot...... I was thinking that VW gave me a break because I already paid 110 for the diagnostics, but was told before that money does not go to the repair.

Perhaps the diagnosis included opening up the underside of the dash but I doubt it. I think you're right that they gave you a break.

JLgti

Ready to race!
Half way to 100k miles here. I have had zero issues with my car so far other than blown turbo. ( early build date with bad revision turbo)

I been tuned on eurodyne and dsg tune since 15k miles. And I do at least a pull everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk