GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jb1 install - check engine light, grind noise, a/c doesn't work

ironmb

Banned
Just installed jb1 and it threw some normal codes after disconnecting battery... I went to do a test drive to clear the codes (check engine light) for normal driving and the car made somewhat of a grind noise when trying to do a pull and the next time i did it the car hit like a fuel cut at 4000~ rpms... And now the a/c doesn't blow cold..... Any thoughts? I've checked all connections and they're snug...

Last edited:

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Are you sure the D plug is in the right spot? Also the fuel cut could be from traction control?

Sent using Pied Piper middle out compression app

ironmb

Banned
Yes Plug D was plugged in correctly, it was not plugged incorrectly to the A/C plug. I double checked this. I talked to George briefly before he stopped responding and he told me to test each plug one by one in place with the OEM plug to see if it cleared the check engine light and none of them worked. I then took the JB1 completely off and it still has a check engine light (which auto zone is unable to read from ), car has no issues except the check engine light still and the A/C not blowing cold air....

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Were you able to see the ambient temperature on your MFI? If the sensor is not reading the ambient temp it will throw a fault as well as not allow your ac system to operate

ironmb

Banned
Were you able to see the ambient temperature on your MFI? If the sensor is not reading the ambient temp it will throw a fault as well as not allow your ac system to operate

I assume it's working it was showing the ambient air Temps outside.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Do you have access to a obdeleven?

Sent using Pied Piper middle out compression app

ironmb

Banned
I took the negative side off the battery for over 30 mins and the check engine light is gone, but a/c still doesn't work. I'm gonna wait to try and reinstall the jb1 until after the dealership looks into it. I can't for the life of me find a diagram for the fuse boxes for the mk7 gti... I'm thinking a relay shorted out.

ironmb

Banned
That's my assumption as well... I did everything by the instructions.

Unhooked negative side of battery, left door and hood open for 10 minutes. Installed jb1 and it just ran like crap... I had another Gti with a jb1 and it worked flawlessly... I'm stumped. I don't want to reinstall it until dealership fixes the a/c issue.