GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Gti vs MKV Gti

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
I never really post here but lurk alot so i figured it's time. Did a few friendly pulls with a buddy who has a k04 mkv on eurodyne software. I'm on ed stage 2. Both cars are dsg. We did 3 pulls with same outcome every time to my surprise. Shitty video but better than nothing.https://youtu.be/KTlwXggozpo

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Traps should be very similar. The local K04 MK6's around here run 110-113mph. ST2 MK7 stock turbo speeds.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Oh I see. Did some research some people claimed 120 trap also on the MKV with k04.

Damn. Race gas? I know they are tiny cars. The MK7's are boats compared to them.

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Right I know it should be similar traps to a stage 2 mk7 which is why I didn't expect 3-5 car gaps every time with the distance only spreading more. My best trap to date is 111.

digilio86

Ready to race!
Right I know it should be similar traps to a stage 2 mk7 which is why I didn't expect 3-5 car gaps every time with the distance only spreading more. My best trap to date is 111.

Wear and tear perhaps. The mk7 got bigger but not heavier in fact the opposite is so. The gen 3 motor is a gem. She looks good moving out [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Wear and tear perhaps. The mk7 got bigger but not heavier in fact the opposite is so. The gen 3 motor is a gem. She looks good moving out [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, that's something that people usually forget. The mk7 is pretty darn light for a modern car (especially if you got a 2 door S, that thing is light!) which is just another reason I find them to be truly phenomenal cars.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yup, that's something that people usually forget. The mk7 is pretty darn light for a modern car (especially if you got a 2 door S, that thing is light!) which is just another reason I find them to be truly phenomenal cars.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah I clearly misspoke. Went and checked curb weight after, it is negligible. It just looks so much larger!

The platform is pretty much untouchable right now for the $.

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah it's a 15' base 2 door s. Only options were dsg and all weather floor mats. I know it's a fact the cars grew but sometimes I really feel like my mkv hatch had more space and I don't understand why.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I clearly misspoke. Went and checked curb weight after, it is negligible. It just looks so much larger!

The platform is pretty much untouchable right now for the $.

Yeah, Beotch! Lol. I though the same thing if they look smaller they must be lighter. Wrong...