GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Official Stage 1 & Stage 2 OTS Tune Release for Accessport!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
Thanks!

My log looks almost the same. Definitely is not advancing the timing in the + territory above 4k rpm.

The Maperformace feels better than Cobb OTS, but I think the car can do better.

Have you driven with this tune in lower temps? I got it only few days back and is hot in Austin ;)

Do you have any other engine performance mods?

cheers

No I haven't driven in lower temps yet. I only got the AP and MAP Stage 1 tune last month and it has been 90+ in San Antonio. Currently, I have no other mods except for dogbone insert.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
http://www.datazap.me/u/louis4357/pull-3rd?log=0&data=11

Virtual Dyno is saying 232 hp and 241 ft/lb of tq.

You need an IC STAT.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
So I was a bit off...We did manage a 13.5 at 105, but yeah, that trap still doesn't seem impressive from what other "Stage 2" GTI's are doing. This was at Brainerd International Raceway. I always thought this track was "slow", but apparently it's one of the faster ones, at least for the NHRA stuff.

Is the track uphill? Lol.
Yeah stock gti on 93 oct will trap 100ish, but as said before we have countless stage 2 cars trapping 109-112. Apr-Giac-Eurodyne-UM etc.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
So I was a bit off...We did manage a 13.5 at 105, but yeah, that trap still doesn't seem impressive from what other "Stage 2" GTI's are doing. This was at Brainerd International Raceway. I always thought this track was "slow", but apparently it's one of the faster ones, at least for the NHRA stuff.

My humble suggestion Ian - try running an e85 blend and see if your timing tables (and knock if you have any) clean up and the car traps faster.
If it doesn't, it means you will probably have to go back to the drawing board with boost/timing - but if not, maybe you just need to play with the AFR/boost a little and do some research into which makes more power (throw it on a dyno, boost vs timing throughout the efficiency range of the IS20).

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
My humble suggestion Ian - try running an e85 blend and see if your timing tables (and knock if you have any) clean up and the car traps faster.
If it doesn't, it means you will probably have to go back to the drawing board with boost/timing - but if not, maybe you just need to play with the AFR/boost a little and do some research into which makes more power (throw it on a dyno, boost vs timing throughout the efficiency range of the IS20).

Also, AFR. For whatever reason the leaner my car ran, the less KR and better it ran.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
I would agree. Either way, we got a LOT of good data for our next tune revision on these cars...

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Hey, thanks for your contribution to this thread. I look forward to reading more of your insightful thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you actually read the thread you'd see how much I contributed. So no problem sir.

Asking questions that have been answered are great contribution, please continue. I'm sure you will contribute greatly also.

Your first post on the thread read "subbed for later reading", oh the irony..

Anyways any ETA on the intake Group buy Ian? Also, is there any possibility for a full closed Heatshield?

Last edited:

enjoyminutemaid

Ready to race!

The trap speed aside, that time (if you're still running stock all-season tires) is impressive.

mj8807

Ready to race!
If you actually read the thread you'd see how much I contributed. So no problem sir.

Asking questions that have been answered are great contribution, please continue. I'm sure you will contribute greatly also.

Your first post on the thread read "subbed for later reading", oh the irony..

Anyways any ETA on the intake Group buy Ian? Also, is there any possibility for a full closed Heatshield?
I've followed this thread since its started. However, stage 1 discussions have stagnated and people are talking about stage 2. I'd like to get an update on those with stage 1. I don't see why thats an issue

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I've followed this thread since its started. However, stage 1 discussions have stagnated and people are talking about stage 2. I'd like to get an update on those with stage 1. I don't see why thats an issue

MAP OTS stage 1 tune is real strong and solid. I've been running it since January when the Beta tune came out and then revised tune since March with 0 issues.
I'm completely stock except for k&n drop in, snow guard removal and ECS tuning silicone turbo inlet hose & RS7 spark plugs. I have a friend with a MK7 GTI APR stage 1 and we're pretty even up until 90-100mph when he starts pulling a bit but not by much. His car is also dsg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mj8807

Ready to race!
MAP OTS stage 1 tune is real strong and solid. I've been running it since January when the Beta tune came out and then revised tune since March with 0 issues.
I'm completely stock except for k&n drop in, snow guard removal and ECS tuning silicone turbo inlet hose & RS7 spark plugs. I have a friend with a MK7 GTI APR stage 1 and we're pretty even up until 90-100mph when he starts pulling a bit but not by much. His car is also dsg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I appreciate the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.