GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR OEM+ Turbo Tunes

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Saw that APR posted on Facebook about an IS20 all track being tuned. Per the posts, they seem to have confirmed the tune is for the DSG/MT guys; but nothing confirmed for the TipTronic Automatic transmission.

They seem to have IS20/IS38 tunes, and it seems with and without a downpipe.

Hoping to fill this thread with more information as it comes available.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Guys have been swapping the IS20 like crazy using the JB4. Some are JB4 only and a couple of others stacked on top of stage 1. Melted Solid is still on the stock downpipe as well. Another guy with the auto transmission and just a JB4 has dynoed at 316whp/361wtq with 3 gallons of e85 and a TBE.

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Twin,
I've been following closely. Just purchased my turbo and jb4. I'm going to try stacking on stage 2, see how that goes.

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
I'm ready to see what kind of power is made then i'll flash their is20 tune and stack the jb4. Motor strength is only thing im worried about

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I'm ready to see what kind of power is made then i'll flash their is20 tune and stack the jb4. Motor strength is only thing im worried about

Do you think you'll need their IS20 tune? Chris is going to the track tomorrow to see what he can run. I think he is going to spin half way down and get a crappy 60'. Curious to see what his trap is like though. He is going to run the high boost setting that he made 316/361. I told him he needs to dial in the boost by gear settings for 1-2. Get some practice launches somewhere. So far he hasn't gone kaboom

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Twin,
I've been following closely. Just purchased my turbo and jb4. I'm going to try stacking on stage 2, see how that goes.

You should be able to pick up some boost from 4,500 up with the stack. From what I've seen, the stage 2 is peaking around 23 psi in third. That's a nice peak and just bring up the top end. The IS20 also seems to boost above target as well

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
I'll be interested to see the 1/4 mile times of Chris. I've now run as both stage 1, and stage 2. Plan on getting this turbo bolted on sometime this month, and would love to see what we are capable of.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I'll be interested to see the 1/4 mile times of Chris. I've now run as both stage 1, and stage 2. Plan on getting this turbo bolted on sometime this month, and would love to see what we are capable of.

Do you do any data logs of the APR tune? I'm curious to see its boost profile and timing. I think I hit a wall with the JB4 unless I go to meth injection, bigger intercooler or move to Alaska. Anytime the IAT got to 120 or higher, I got an EPC on full throttle a little over 6,000 in third I was hitting pretty decent boost though. Around 18 psi at 6,000 with around 14 degrees of timing before it hit. Usually I would have got another 2-3 degrees of advance up to 6,400 and taper to about 17. Instead re heat made the boost spike to 22, my timing dropped to about 11 and then my fuel dumped