GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tailpipe polishing

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So what are you doing to the aluminum foil, balling it up and then using it like a pad?

Fold it over to make a 6 inch wide sheet.
I slowly slide it on the top half of the pipe and rub for 20-30 seconds. Then rotate around and rub the bottom. If you need more, slide back on and rub. Then use sheet to rub the edge and inside lip.

Fold more on this last part as you like.
Do what feels good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Fold it over to make a 6 inch wide sheet.
I slowly slide it on the top half of the pipe and rub for 20-30 seconds. Then rotate around and rub the bottom. If you need more, slide back on and rub. Then use sheet to rub the edge and inside lip.

Fold more on this last part as you like.
Do what feels good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like to use my left hand. I call it "The Stranger".

lokerola

Ready to race!
So what are you doing to the aluminum foil, balling it up and then using it like a pad?

Ball it up, fold it up, whatever. Doesn't matter.

Yep, shouldn't matter. First time I tried it I was scared I'd scratch the chrome and gently folded the foil, only used a 1" square, etc. Then I realized the chrome won't scratch and I just grabbed a handful and went at it. It really doesn't take more than a couple of mins per tailpipe with some vigorous rubbing to clean them up.

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I just tried aluminum foil and WD-40 this past weekend and it worked so good I was mad I haven't known about this longer. Took like a couple minutes per tailpipe tip and was clean as new.

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
Again, chrome polish and a rag is all you need.

You need to leave behind some kind of protective coating so it doesn't foul so heavily.

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
Tried the aluminum foil and wd-40 today. It cleaned the tail pipe quickly but also scratched it. I'll stick to my usual routine of armor all wipe, toothpaste if really dirty, followed by chrome polish. That doesn't scratch.