GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Protect your helix headlights!

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
PSA: if you are getting new headlights, particularly the helix units, invest in clear protectant solutions. Mine have started to peel and its frustrating to say the least. At some point, I'll have to wet sand and redo them. Not awesome considering how old they are(n't) and what I paid for them.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Will upload pics when possible. Crazy week in store

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Any chance for pics?

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
I've had crap luck with protective films on headlights. Used some on my rare-as-fock WRX Bugeye JDM projector headlights and the film began to yellow a bit and I peeled it off toe replace it but the adhesive reacted with the plastic lense completely trashing it. I sanded the lenses to high-hell and was able to get them to look new again but it took a ton of work.

Is there any special clear film that exists that uses adhesive that doesn't react with plastic???? I have Ed's replicas on my mk7 and I know the UV coating they use is total crap since I had mk6 Ed's that peeled after 2 years....and my car was garage kept!!!

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Have them sanded and cleared at a body shop. Only permanent solution. After my Mk6 with halogens I swore I would not buy my Mk7 unless it had factory xenon's.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
a friend works at a porsche resto shop... will see what he can do for me...