GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's your worst speeding ticket?

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
This car is going to get me in so much trouble... It's way too easy to go fast.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Just got the note in the mail yesterday that the tickets he gave me added 6 points to my license as well.

I now owe the state of New Jersey money every year for the next 3 years, a "surcharge" for having 6 points on my license.

I'm fucking livid.

Did you show up to court to plea the tickets down? Most jurisdictions in NJ will throw out the extraneous tickets and focus on one... which you can then plea down with the states double penalty option. 4pts becomes 2, 2 becomes 0, etc.

Learned that lesson early, always show up to court and plea with the Prosecutor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CU GTI

On my way back from the College Football National Championship this year I got a ticket for 91 in a 70. The ticket was $700 + a $200 "Super Speeder" fee. Don't speed through Tift County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mceric01

Ready to race!
^^^^ what chrome coyote said. I'm a cop and have seen many of my tickets thrown out. Just plea with the prosecutor.

With that said I sped a lot when I was younger. 100 in a 50 was my worst. Lost my license for 2 months and the judge made me sit in 5 court sessions to watch other people get tickets. That was at 19yo on a 1000cc Yamaha bike.

I've also had a 101 in a 65, 93 in a 70 and others. Can't remember all of them but I haven't had a moving violation in 10 years. Just became a cop last year so I doubt I'll ever get another one :)

ezshift5

^^^^ I'm a cop and have seen many of my tickets thrown out. Just plea with the prosecutor.

Just became a cop last year so I doubt I'll ever get another one :)

Not that you don't rate the courtesy (IMHO, it's a very difficult time to be any type of law enforcement officer)................but it must be an enervating moment to show your membership credential....................

I once received a $290 speeding citation - used a passing lane to get out from under three motor homes going 35 in a 55 zone (Oregon).

Wrote the JOP a humorous note (apparently it made her laugh) about the jackrabbit and the three elephants. She cut the fine by half.

There's more to the story (some other time).

ez

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
86 in a 55 in my old 95' BMW about 10 years ago. Came over a hill doing triple digits, saw the trooper sitting in the bushes and nailed the brakes. Thankfully he only got me at 86 and not more. Ended up going to court, ticket was dropped to 5 over and no points because I went to Penn State and the cop was a huge fan of Penn State.

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
After I got my first big boy job, my roommate was having some girlfriend drama. He drove that night, so we left her at the bars downtown and went home. Well, a few hours later we get a call that she wants to come home. He was still pretty hot, so I offered to drive, and in my infinite wisdom, decided to drive real fast to cheer him up. Keep in mind I was driving the car that got me through college, a mk iv Golf 2.slo. I was giving her all she had. The construction zone was 50 mph, and as I crested a slight hill I saw the officer sitting under the bridge. For a quarter second, I thought about running, but then I remembered there's no replacement for displacement, and pulled over a couple hundred yards from where the cop was sitting. As he walks up to the car he says, "Impressive, 109 in a 50!" I thought I was going to jail. Instead he wrote me a $300 ticket with 4 points, and told me that wouldn't look good with my CDL. Told me to slow down and be safe.

I said, thank you sir!

outofcadence

Young and dumb. 135 in a 55 on a custom 1984 Kawasaki GPz 900 on a freeway on Phoenix Arizona. I pulled over after I saw flashing lights waaaaaaaay behind me. When the officer caught up he did not know how fast I was going but he could not catch up at 105. He read me my rights, put me in the cruiser, and chewed my a$$ about what he could charge me with. Then he said that he didn't want to screw up my record and the only person who would probably die would only be me. Wrote me up for 20 over and told me not to show up in court. Paid the fine that day.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Young and dumb. 135 in a 55 on a custom 1984 Kawasaki GPz 900 on a freeway on Phoenix Arizona. I pulled over after I saw flashing lights waaaaaaaay behind me. When the officer caught up he did not know how fast I was going but he could not catch up at 105. He read me my rights, put me in the cruiser, and chewed my a$$ about what he could charge me with. Then he said that he didn't want to screw up my record and the only person who would probably die would only be me. Wrote me up for 20 over and told me not to show up in court. Paid the fine that day.
What a bargain!!!! Lucky man.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
^^^^ what chrome coyote said. I'm a cop and have seen many of my tickets thrown out. Just plea with the prosecutor.

With that said I sped a lot when I was younger. 100 in a 50 was my worst. Lost my license for 2 months and the judge made me sit in 5 court sessions to watch other people get tickets. That was at 19yo on a 1000cc Yamaha bike.

I've also had a 101 in a 65, 93 in a 70 and others. Can't remember all of them but I haven't had a moving violation in 10 years. Just became a cop last year so I doubt I'll ever get another one :)

Wow... I'm surprised you could even become a police officer with those kinds of no-no's under your belt.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Wow... I'm surprised you could even become a police officer with those kinds of no-no's under your belt.

If it's anything like the military, anything other than a felony, so long as you disclose it, isn't usually an issue.

It's when you don't disclose something and it comes up on your background check that you usually get let go. Because what else are you hiding?