GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mod friendly dealers (Socal)

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Anyone have experiences with CardinaleWay Volkswagen in Corona? That’s where I got my R from and it’s the closest dealership to me. Haven’t taken it to the dealership since I got it, but I already have a few mods done and still planning on doing more. Hope they are mod friendly

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Anyone have experiences with CardinaleWay Volkswagen in Corona? That’s where I got my R from and it’s the closest dealership to me. Haven’t taken it to the dealership since I got it, but I already have a few mods done and still planning on doing more. Hope they are mod friendly

Not sure about their service but I bought my car from Corona Cardinale and I received the car with a pretty nice scratch on the hood and headlights and a good chunk missing from the wheel. I should've checked before I drove off the lot but seems like they couldn't care any less about cars, modded or not. Just my $0.02.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Anyone have any experience with norm Reeves vw or Capistrano vw?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have experience with both, but no warranty stuff. What are you trying to get done and what is your issue? Capo is really small and Tech (Mike?) was early 30s, super cool, asked me about my tune and exhaust(dsg farts) and drives a fbo s3. Norm reeves, I like My service advisor better(Raul), but it’s way bigger and have never had any interaction with techs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baymax7

Passed Driver's Ed
No warranty issues, just service and maybe parts. I recently moved up to Orange County from San Diego and these two are the closest dealers to me and I haven't seen any mention of them here.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Not sure about their service but I bought my car from Corona Cardinale and I received the car with a pretty nice scratch on the hood and headlights and a good chunk missing from the wheel. I should've checked before I drove off the lot but seems like they couldn't care any less about cars, modded or not. Just my $0.02.

That really sucks. They should have taken care of that. My car didn’t have any scratches on it. It was in the showroom floor too luckily

MDLBC

Ready to race!
No warranty issues, just service and maybe parts. I recently moved up to Orange County from San Diego and these two are the closest dealers to me and I haven't seen any mention of them here.

VW of Garden Grove is the only one I have seen in SoCal (and I have been to quite a few over the years) that I saw actual signs in the dealership for APR. They also were selling accessories in their parts department (Shirts, keychains) for another but forget who.

If you are a DIY person, there is a lift rental in Baldwin Park that I used to do my Haldex. $25 an hour.

On a side note, Cardinale had a LSG R I test drove before buying mine. The sales guy was getting way too generous and spooked me. After getting mine, I was convinced it was tuned.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

Personally, if they were equidistant to me, I’d go to Capo. I live less than a mile from Norm Reeves, so I typically have them do my service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk