GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lets talk about moving....

Archaic2021

Passed Driver's Ed
So for the last few years it's really crossed my mind to move back to Florida. Grew up for the most part in Panama City..then came to Alabama. After HS graduation I moved back to PC but came back to Bham when my Father got sick. He passed away and I fell backwards to a job in The coal Industry. Good money but got laid off and now I'm a parts manager for a local Ford/Chrysler dealership.

I've been back here for about 10 years but for the last few I've been restless to get back home. When I moved back before I was just did it...I literally had 500 bucks to my name and just left..now...egh.

I would want to save a little more money before moving and the only bill I want to take is my car payment. The biggest catch is that where I live the house is paid for...the land will be mine one day..which is nice...but...I just don't wanna be here.

Has anyone else ever stressed over moving like this?

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
I don't know about it. Unless you had new job guaranteed back in Florida or enjoyed applying for one I'd stay put. You own a house in what I believe is low tax area and it's a great thing not to worry about having to have income high enough to cover at least taxes and loans (I don't know how expensive Florida is, but it's likely more than Alabama). It's not like you be really changing much to bother - similar climate (plus hurricanes), geography (flat), fire ants and gators (;)) etc. Heck, I'd like to move to Asheville NC - nice climate, some mountains, bike trails, really a worthwhile change compared to IL but it's just expensive/inconvenient to move. Probably the only overriding argument would be family or friends (that you could trust for help if need be). No point in moving if you had nobody in Florida.