GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cant take it anymore. Thinking of selling my GTI

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah they know how to work the numbers. They eventually ended up giving me the car under true car so i was happy with the deal. Got the sport for around what the S goes for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, can't beat that!!! Glad you were able to work with them. I paid about $3k under sticker for my sport. I was pleased.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Would be cheaper to respray your car.

And being the owner of a white GTI, it's NOT much easier to keep clean than black (I've owned both)

Silver, gray, etc hide dirt the best

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
It terms of what? Actual dirt/debris/dust, or scratches and swirls? White is thee hardest color to keep clean I have ever owned. It shows everything my dark greens and blacks never did.

In terms of what the car looks like the day after you just washed it.

Seriously, my night blue can be completely layered in visible dust and pollen within an hour or two of my washing it, especially this time of year. It is maddening. I am sympathetic to the OP on that.

My white 4Runner would look clean for a week. Granted, I am not looking down at it either, which may skew perspective somewhat, but even the hood and bumpers disguised dirt, dust, and pollen.

And yes, of course, dark cars show swirls like crazy.

I think you are referring to probably road tar and stuck on residue. That might be one area where dark is advantageous.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha, well yes in that case I can agree with that order.

Indeed, I am referring to any contaminants and debris on my car that aren't my paint code lol. Which is everything under the sun. I struggle more with white then anything else. It is nice not seeing that layer of parked dust, as I call it. Dust that just lands on it where it sits. I have had 2 deep forest green Dodges and 2 black ones, trust me, I know your pain fellas.

So I went white, and it offers competently different struggles. My car could be spotless from 6 feet away, my problem is I get 6 inches away.

I love having unrealistic cleanliness standards....my blood pressure, patience, and wits don't.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I've owned white, black, red, blue, and green. I found white to be the easiest.
Did you own the white whilst in Florida? That would be easy :)They all have the same contaminants on them, albeit some colors hide it better. I think the environment plays a huge factor. I have typically been in nasty environments for cars.

I almost went reflex silver. Maybe next time.

KlipZ

Ready to race!
Limestone is the color that requires least car washes!

I never owned a limestone (envious of those who do) but i could see it being easy to keep clean.

That being said, i think i've decided that the hit would be too much, seeing as i plan to upgrade to an Audi in the next 2-3 years. Think i'll just tough it out and deal with an always dirty car (even after 2 washes a week)

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
You just have to let it go... You've got an awesome car. It's not a showcar and will get dirty. Just enjoy it and don't lose your ass trading it...

adelgado7317

Passed Driver's Ed
You're gonna lose a lot of money if you do that. You might as well keep it. Lesson learned, don't buy a black vehicle in an environment where it always gets dirty. My MK7 is silver but I have a black vehicle and it always looks great, granted I live on the coast. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk