GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Painting my rusty hubs... any high heat paint recommendations?

danjlambert

Passed Driver's Ed
Recently bought a '16 GTI PP. All great apart from the wheel hubs (not sure if that's the right name!). The steel plates where the alloys bolt in.

The amount of rust is crazy. I have read up on it and it looks completely normal (and safe!). I am just eager to freshen the look up.

People have told me to avoid the Halfords paint etc.

Can anyone from the UK give me a heads up?

Ta!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danjlambert

Passed Driver's Ed
I think so, yes.

I've just heard the standard stuff isn't very good, hoping for some recommendations. But I'll see what I can find, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I have found that Chassis Saver paint holds up to heat decently even though it isn't specifically designed for high heat. It clings to rust and DOES stop it. Stuff is tough as nails so if you do ever work with it cover anything you don't want it on.

Rusty rotors are normal though, the surface between the hub and rotor being clean of rust is far more important.

SimonHuntersBelfast

I bought this a month ago from Europarts. As its caliper paint I reckoned it would stand up to the heat just fine. A month after applying it seems to have bonded well, no issues.
Hammerite would prob give the same result to be honest, both require you to clean the brushes with cellulose cleaners .....