GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Wheel Paint?

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Has anyone come across a source for OEM wheel paint? My Austin's have seen better days.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Actually it is more light machining and maybe some polish. You can see the cuts when you look at the wheel in the sun.

Locate a good wheel repair company in your area and have them look at it.
They can estimate cost and you can decide. The would likely machine the face of the wheel.

After metal work, then clear coat added.

Avoid curbs.

Last edited:

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Thank you both. It's true that the repair price point has you looking at replacing the wheel altogether. One shop quoted $130 on up with another place about the same. I guess you could buy someone's take offs and replace on demand, haha. I blame the curbs really - they've been closing in on us for years now.

It's mainly the bare metal corrosion that I can't stand. Since it's not the full face to refinish, I'm thinking of edging with a Dremel to sand, polish, and seal. I'm finding kits for this kind of thing. The results have to be better than how it is now.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Thank you both. It's true that the repair price point has you looking at replacing the wheel altogether. One shop quoted $130 on up with another place about the same. I guess you could buy someone's take offs and replace on demand, haha. I blame the curbs really - they've been closing in on us for years now.

It's mainly the bare metal corrosion that I can't stand. Since it's not the full face to refinish, I'm thinking of edging with a Dremel to sand, polish, and seal. I'm finding kits for this kind of thing. The results have to be better than how it is now.

Agree on curbs. My town installed a new side walk that edges a busy road. Tall sharp edge. All they have to do is round them off a good bit and then the tire would only rub. But, NO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro