GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When is the REFRESHED 2018 Golf/GTI available stateside?

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Youtube channel TFLnow just posted a detailed comparison of the Mk7 and Mk7.5

https://youtu.be/YiEMgj1alpo

Annoyingly, they never said what color that is on the 18 - but if I'm not mistaken, that looks like Night Blue! Which is surprising, because that color isn't available in Canada. Unless it's Dark Iron Blue, but I really don't think so.

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!
Youtube channel TFLnow just posted a detailed comparison of the Mk7 and Mk7.5

https://youtu.be/YiEMgj1alpo

Annoyingly, they never said what color that is on the 18 - but if I'm not mistaken, that looks like Night Blue! Which is surprising, because that color isn't available in Canada. Unless it's Dark Iron Blue, but I really don't think so.

I saw that. I liked the iron blue at first then saw white silver in person. I think the white silver looks the best out of the new colors with dark iron blue behind it.

TFL also didn't light up the tails.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I saw that. I liked the iron blue at first then saw white silver in person. I think the white silver looks the best out of the new colors with dark iron blue behind it.

TFL also didn't light up the tails.

Do you think that one shown in the video is Dark Iron Blue? Because to me it looks like the old Night Blue!

I also really like White Silver, but I'll probably get a dark color.

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!
Do you think that one shown in the video is Dark Iron Blue? Because to me it looks like the old Night Blue!

I also really like White Silver, but I'll probably get a dark color.

I think it’s night blue. Seeing pics of dark iron blue....it looks more grey.

I like dark colors too but I live in a super dusty area so light colors appear cleaner longer.

sdo1349

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT,
2018 Order guide is out. Colors are:
Pure White
White Silver
Deep Black
Night Blue
Great Falls Green
Dark Iron Blue
Tornado Red

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
2018 Order guide is out. Colors are:
Pure White
White Silver
Deep Black
Night Blue
Great Falls Green
Dark Iron Blue
Tornado Red

So weird having 2 dark blues that are similar. No greys. A pseudo silver.
Should have done Nardo Grey (if they didn't want to keep CSG)
I like white silver, but it's an acquired taste.
Then do silk blue instead of one of the darker blues.
Love the addition of green though.

Edit: just saw Great Falls green. WTH were they thinking. It's like an aqua green mix.

Last edited:

Subito

Ready to race!
I tried to like White Silver, just can’t do it. It’s not a variation on white or silver, it’s really just light grey. Meh. I wish VW had replaced Reflex Silver with just a slightly darker silver, that would have been tasty.

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
I tried to like White Silver, just can’t do it. It’s not a variation on white or silver, it’s really just light grey. Meh. I wish VW had replaced Reflex Silver with just a slightly darker silver, that would have been tasty.

I agree. Dropping both silver and grey was an odd choice. Did they really believe green would be more popular?

I need to see white silver in person, but I suspect I’ll settle on white. I wanted reflex silver but you can’t have everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Picked up a 2018 SE in White Silver Metallic yesterday.
Never thought I would ever bought a "white" car before, but both my wife and I fell in love with that color, looks amazing in the light.
They had a night blue as well which was my 1st choice (coming from a 2016 night blue S, in the picture below), but i changed my mind when I saw the white silver one :) no regrets at all... just think it mght be a pain to keep clean, but oh well...

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Picked up a 2018 SE in White Silver Metallic yesterday.
Never thought I would ever bought a "white" car before, but both my wife and I fell in love with that color, looks amazing in the light.
They had a night blue as well which was my 1st choice (coming from a 2016 night blue S, in the picture below), but i changed my mind when I saw the white silver one :) no regrets at all... just think it mght be a pain to keep clean, but oh well...

Post pics here! http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36696