DSG paddle option possibly found...maybe

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Buy the best, cry once. S2T

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
You guys have me really interested in picking up a set of these! I saw some statements that they can interfere with headlight/washer levers, is this the case? I wonder why almost every one of them is back ordered through the S2T site?

Nope, only slightly thicker than the stock paddle by mm's (in the case of the ones I bought).

vw671

Autocross Newbie
VWR

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Another vote for S2Ts:

IMG_20170626_174432 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

Yes, they are expensive. Yes, they are worth it.

Well made and finished, absolutely just a 2-3 minute install on the MK7s with just a small screw driver to push the pins out from the bottom, and there are many different flavors and finishes. I went with the B2 polished black to match all the gloss black trim in the car, but almost went with the non-polished for a bit more "feel". I regret nothing!

BlackGolfsMatter

Passed Driver's Ed
Another vote for S2Ts:

Well made and finished, absolutely just a 2-3 minute install on the MK7s with just a small screw driver to push the pins out from the bottom, and there are many different flavors and finishes. I went with the B2 polished black to match all the gloss black trim in the car, but almost went with the non-polished for a bit more "feel". I regret nothing!

gloss black looks super classy. well done

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Another vote for S2Ts:

IMG_20170626_174432 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

Do the paddles work all the way to the bottom?

Also, s2t would be up for a group buy if we have 10 interested parties. Anybody else in?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Do the paddles work all the way to the bottom?

They don't really, no. I bet if you pushed hard enough it would trigger but because the pivot on the factory paddle base is pretty tightly spaced you still need to be within say the middle 80% for smooth clicking. I doubt any paddle works much different because of the factory base.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
They don't really, no. I bet if you pushed hard enough it would trigger but because the pivot on the factory paddle base is pretty tightly spaced you still need to be within say the middle 80% for smooth clicking. I doubt any paddle works much different because of the factory base.

Thought that might be the case. Wondering if the B1 style is a better option, as much as I love the b2 look. Polished black is def the way to go!

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
My S2T paddles work at the bottom.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Thought that might be the case. Wondering if the B1 style is a better option, as much as I love the b2 look. Polished black is def the way to go!
Remembered your question driving tonight and if I pushed at the very bottom corner, no go. Very top is no problem at all. This is on the B2. I preferred the look of the curved paddle, perfectly happy with it's function all things considered.