Jlungo

Ready to race!
My buddies Tornado Red GTI. White wheels pop lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!

Jlungo

Ready to race!
So been taking a couple weeks to get the brakes done....fronts are done but the rears have been troublesome.
The front kit from ECS is beautiful and stops hard

We had a minor mishape with some brake fluid eating some of the calipet paint but not terrible thankfully.

Also the tech accidently snapped off the ABS sensor in the rear so i have a lit dash display right now haha

The rears unfortunately have been a headache....
1st problem: the brake pads for PP/Golf R are designed different from non-PP. The nonPP pads have shims/clips built into the pads that attach to the setup. PP/R pads have the clips separate and the aftermarket pads did not come with these clips. So we got a pack of OEM pads during the week since the clips are not sold separately.

Problem 2: So yesterday im at the shop thinking everything is ok but now we find out the brake hose in the rear does not connect to the PP/R caliper. And the nearest dealer to have those in stock are in Tennessee and Jacksonville....im in north jersey/nyc area.
So next week hopefully we wont have any problems.

Also had my downpipe hanger replaced....VW dealer installed the downpipe hanger upside down with createf awkward pressure on the rubber nodes and caused them to tear. Also that was making my exhaust bump the exhaust support bar in the middle of the car and brought my tips to close to the diffuser cutout. So no more exhaust knocking and tips getting scuffed.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Did a thing yesterday...got to use a friends little jack trolley to get my front bumper off to install the Flow Designs front lip. Super sturdy and the material is something else, not carbon fiber not fiberglass. You can actually bend it full circle and it goes right back into shape. The guy whose install video i watched had a second lip sent to him from the company for the purpose of making a video to try and figure out how to break it.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Looks damn good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thanks man!

Jlungo

Ready to race!
https://youtu.be/oyX7St4he5Y

The local Mk7 tristate group had had another weekly get together like we always do. Great group of guys in the ny nj ct pa area and ive actually made good friends with a bunch of them.
We had an alright showing this past thursday at Jose Tejas for a meet and eat. One of the guys put together this video.

https://youtu.be/oyX7St4he5Y

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Little pic a took a couple months back. Unfortunately the winter (stock) wheels are back on now at this point.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Also realized I never post pics of the fear brake set up.

Its an ECS rotor with thw GTI PP rear brake calipers. (Rotor size matches gti pp rotor size)

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Hey everyone.

Been a few months but have been hard on the grind at work so havent had time to work on the car or even post pictures.

Last post was early December so pretty much all winter you haven't heard from me.
In late January/early February I smashed a yuuuuuge pothole on the rt80/i-95 south junction and it was an expensive hole.
Broke/damaged the following:
Strut knuckle
Cv axle boot
Wheel bearing
Bubbled tire(warrantied)
Bent wheel (thankfully Austin, covered with lifetime warranty like tires)
It was costly but thankfully repairs were quick.

I guess I deleted the picture of my wheel barrel spattered with axle grease haha....

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Got these finally back on a few weeks ago. Now that it is warmer out I just need a weekend without rain to perform a full wash and detail inside and out. Idk what you guys do but i take a good 5+ hours going from wash to wax on the exterior.

Next post I will outline my steps to detailing if anyone has any questions on method or product let me know as I LOVE DETAILING CARS :)

Jlungo

Ready to race!
So if anyone needs any tips on detailing or washing their MK7s let me know because I thoroughly enjoy detailing and have been detailing cars for years for fun.

I mainly use chemical guys and some occasional turtle wax products and armor-all products but I will also use random products that work well and fit my needs. **And i use a DUAL ACTION machine to apply polishes, sealants, waxes etc...**

Anything below with an asterisk is an every wash event, those without are left for the first wash after winter, after spring and after summer/late fall to protect for winter.

*1. Scrub wheels with Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Gel, diluted 3:1 (water:product) OR Black Magic Wheel Cleaner. Also like Girots Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner

2. Spray down engine bay with CG All Purpose Cleaner and brush where i can reach and power wash down. Then start engine to help dry it out. (greenish yellow liquid and diluted 3:1)

*3. Power soak and wash entire car with foam cannon. CG Honeydew Foam Soap

*4. Using 2 bucket method washing in straight lines starting from the top and going side to side never up and down.

*5. Rinse thoroughly

*6. Dry (some ppl dry b4 clay and some keeo soap and water on car, i prefer to dry car thus removing some debris)

7. Clay towel alongside Chemical Guys clay luber, smells like bubble gum haha(since bars r old tech i guess haha)

8. Machine polish out any swirls with CG VSS Polish (havent performed that to the GTI yet but worked amazingly on fiancè's once a year and rust spattered Accord) and buff off with microfiber

9. Machine apply CG Blacklight which is a gloss finisher to fill in paint imperfections and swirls(whitelight for white cars and Creme Glaze for other cars like brother gray Dart or in-laws greenish buick and buff off with microfiber

10. Machine apply Chemical Guy Jet Seal on glass and paint **ALWAYS SEAL AFTER CLAYING** and buff off with microfiber

*11. Machine apply CG Butter Wax and buff off with microfiber

*12. Spray on and buff off Turtle Wax Black Detailing spray

*13. Clean glass with CG Glass Cleaner

*14. Treat glass with RainX water repleant

*15. Armor all protectant wipes on all the plastic exterior trim like the grille, fog gills, lip, window seals, and by the side mirrors.

*16. Wipe down wheels to remove water spots

*17. Armor all extreme tire shine spray

*18. Blow load into exhaust pipes....

I would also suggest removing wheels after winter and before winter to polish and seal the wheels from all the snow, ice, and salt that you encounter but then also to remove it all after winter. Good time to also brush off any rust and crap that builds up around the wheel hub.

I will hopefully get a sunny weekend for MDW (memorial day weekend for all you non-Jersey ppl) and ppst some videos and pictures of before and after of my car, fiancè's accord, and brothers dart.

Last edited:

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Here is something for your ears...cold startup and rev of my Remus catback exhaust with APR downpipe

https://youtu.be/UFdaDybtTl4

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Man, that's a helluva detailing regimen! I got exhausted just reading it.

I'm not quite that "detailed" when I detail, but I respect your tremendous efforts and your car looks great. :)

My typical detailing session on my two Mk7s:

1. Wash with heavy dose of CG Citrus wash to strip wax/sealant. (Wash instead with a pH-balanced wash when not detailing.)

2. Leave wet and clay with Meguiar's aggressive clay and Quick Detailer as needed for additional lube.

3. Quick wash with CQ citrus again to strip clay residue.

4. Blow dry with my Toro leaf blower.

5. Correct as necessary with Griot's Boss series of compounds and polishes and Lake Country CCS pads (I love the 90 degree edge for precision). I have only gone as aggressive as the Correcting (not Fast Correcting) Cream on the GTI as the paint has needed little correction. Then went over that with their Finishing sealant.

6. Seal with Menzerna/Jescar Power Lock Plus. Let cure either overnight or morning to late afternoon before applying wax.

7. Wax with Collinite 845.

8. Blow load into exhaust pipes.