Oil on Sparkplug

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
What year car?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
After looking at what it takes to swap out a pcv I definitely agree. I've got a bunch of questions in to the service advisor to see what actually happened.

Edit : The response back was that they did a full upper reseal because that's where the oil was leaking from. They also stated that the cause of that leak was a clogged pcv and that's why they replaced it.

A head gasket is an extremely durable gasket under ridiculous clamping force. It holds back thousands of PSI of combustion pressure.

A PCV failure will not push oil through a head gasket, literally every other gasket in the motor will fail first.

A valve cover reseal makes perfect sense, but pulling the head is definitely unexpected. Doesn't really matter, it's done and the car is fixed, but not something that is standard procedure.

hallu

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2015 with a similar issue. Oil in the first cylinder (furthest left), there was even a splash of oil in the spark plug well...

I notice absolutely no issues with driving. I installed spark plugs 1k miles ago. Should I wait and see how the plugs look in a bit before taking to a mechanic?