GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New vw bus

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I read a lot of stuff on lithium, can't tell which one to beleive. Supposedly China has a lock on the market due to having the greatest amount in the ground. I read another item saying US goobermint wants to control Ahganistan because there is a lot of lithium there. Apparently Musk thinks he will get plenty of lithium for his ginormous battery Gigafactory. Musk ain't schtoopid, although he may be batshit crazy.

So instead of fighting over oil we will fight over lithium.
Same World different day.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I never considered if there is enough lithium to go around. Perhaps they'll figure out how to do it with common, plentiful materials.

I do know there's currently not enough electricity to go around. You'll need 80 Amps per hour at 220 volts. Preferably 440 volts. I have 200 Amp service and it's not enough to simultaneously charge a car and run everything in my home. Everyone will need a separate line for the charger. At least half the households in the US won't be able to afford it.

Will not be a problem.
They say everyone will be charging at night.......
.......with solar panels.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Will not be a problem.
They say everyone will be charging at night.......
.......with solar panels.

That's what Tesla is banking on. Their cars aren't profitable. They have to promote the hell out of them so they become accepted as a reasonable alternative to ICE cars. Where they're going to make money is in battery packs for your home that store solar power to charge your car at night.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Still going to be very expensive. There are new houses being built where they LEASE you the solar system that comes with the house.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I think VW is hoping to capture the retro-success of the first generation "New" Beetle. The difference, I see, is that the New Beetle was reasonably priced and obtainable. This, to me, seems like a "Halo" car. If they actually produce them, they may be on display in the showroom to draw in customers. After pricing them, people will drive away in a base Jetta.