GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What company to Remap Golf GTD

Blharry

Passed Driver's Ed
Carbon :)

mondo

Ready to race!

Until you send your car to VW for a service and they either discover the remap and revoke your warranty, or, as happened to a German colleague, they overwrite it with a new software revision (due to the "emissions scandal") and issue a firm written warning that if he does another carbon update, they will blacklist his vehicle and revoke warranties on electrical system, engine and gearbox.

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
Superchips looks good not too much power to melt a clutch. Dtuk looks good aswel plug and play like my old tunit box and can keep the power low so less stress on components.

Blharry

Passed Driver's Ed
Until you send your car to VW for a service and they either discover the remap and revoke your warranty, or, as happened to a German colleague, they overwrite it with a new software revision (due to the "emissions scandal") and issue a firm written warning that if he does another carbon update, they will blacklist his vehicle and revoke warranties on electrical system, engine and gearbox.

No issues at dealers so far. I flash the car back before I go so maybe it's less obvious? either way i'm almost out of warranty.

mondo

Ready to race!
Superchips looks good not too much power to melt a clutch. Dtuk looks good aswel plug and play like my old tunit box and can keep the power low so less stress on components.

Melt a clutch? You serious?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

The settings are all the same power on the DTUK box, the difference is how it is delivered. You can go super aggressive or as soft as stock.

mondo

Ready to race!
The settings are all the same power on the DTUK box, the difference is how it is delivered. You can go super aggressive or as soft as stock.

Correct, mines on P1S1 and I am happy, no need to dick around with more settings, it does the job and impresses the crap out of me

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone used Top Gear remaps before? My garage I have used for the past 16 years do these remaps. I think Top Gear is part of the powerflow exhaust franchise and the owners of the garage have done the exhausts and remaps for many years and use them on their own cars and works vans/trucks. For a gtd they say minimum 220bhp so same as superchips etc.

Jamzo64

Briskodian
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia vRS
Has anyone used Top Gear remaps before? My garage I have used for the past 16 years do these remaps. I think Top Gear is part of the powerflow exhaust franchise and the owners of the garage have done the exhausts and remaps for many years and use them on their own cars and works vans/trucks. For a gtd they say minimum 220bhp so same as superchips etc.
never heard of 'em............. IMHO you are better looking for a remap that is tried and tested.

lucapope94

Dervtech are meant to be amazing. I got a quote from them and they said for £550 they could get my GTD to 240 bhp and 500+nm torque (around 340 lb ft)

They will be who I take my GTD to in the new year.