GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions/Teaser...Rear Reflector Options

Acexxon

I'd buy in the $15-25 range as seen in post. If reflectors could be added to them without becoming a different kind of eyesore like OEM then I'd be willing to pay $25-$40.

Of course cheaper is always better.

Anyone have any luck finding something similar through an existing supplier/kid in a garage with a 3D printer?

With development cost and such, it's hard to even recover at $40/set...

I'd say you'd be looking at something like $79.99 for a set ;)

ryohei47

Ready to race!

You can have the reflectors professionally tinted for less than that. Obviously that's a different product and finish but it's the alternative you're competing against.

Tronix13

Ready to race!
You can have the reflectors professionally tinted for less than that. Obviously that's a different product and finish but it's the alternative you're competing against.

I literally just tinted my reflectors myself for $15. And they're probably going to stay like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Love it! Great idea!

SM075180

Ready to race!

Maybe I'll head to Michael's craft store to grab some vinyl and spend some time with an exacto knife to just make cutout overlays for them :S

Keep us posted! All joking aside I'd love to know what's settled on as far as design and price once you've worked it all out.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Just doesn't make any sense to remove a functional part with a completely non functional part. If anything it should be a color matched blank. Otherwise, it starts to look like a Civic Type R back there...

adam1991

Banned
I just saw that too.

But I like the idea of rear reflectors. They serve a purpose.

I would happily take something like the ECS pieces, but with some sort of reflectivity--maybe something inside the honeycomb that isn't obvious but which serves the purpose.