GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Mirror Dip

Poison Potato

I tried searching and couldn't find whether or not this is possible.

With OBDeleven I coded the passenger mirror dip in reverse, and it functions as expected (2017 US GTI Sport).

Is the MKVII GTI capable of mirror dipping on the driver side, and if so, can someone tell me what I may need to do?

I followed the same steps in an attempt to do the driver door, but instead of going to '52 Passenger Door' I went to '## Driver Door'. The same 'bits' (2 and 3) were in the Driver Door menu so I was hoping that once activated, the driver mirror would also dip (when in the 'L' position). But after I activated, the mirror did not dip like the passenger mirror.

Instructions I followed for the mirrors:

Passenger Mirror Dip
mirror switch has to be on the passenger setting for it to work.

1. 52 Passenger door
  2. 07 coding
  3. Byte 4
  4. Enable bit 2 and 3

THEN

1. 09 Central Electronics
  2. 31347
  3. Adaptations
  4. 17-Access control 2 Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt (change to “active”)
  5. (22) Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung (change to “active”) this puts the option in the menu screen.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Modules are not there to support this. I believe that they are different, its the one that is built into the door switches. Problem is your only gonna get one mirror to dip at a time even if you had the module. Maybe there is a volkswagen that has the double mirror dip and is similiar enough you could replace both drivers and passenger door modules to achieve this. Sounds like a lot of work for a small reward. The RHD module probably wouldn't work because of the LHD drivers controls you need.

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Same thing here.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Modules are not there to support this. I believe that they are different, its the one that is built into the door switches. Problem is your only gonna get one mirror to dip at a time even if you had the module. Maybe there is a volkswagen that has the double mirror dip and is similiar enough you could replace both drivers and passenger door modules to achieve this. Sounds like a lot of work for a small reward. The RHD module probably wouldn't work because of the LHD drivers controls you need.

^this

I don't have the post but someone identified the different door module used in cars with either memory seats or some other odd option as different, and as far as I know no one has swapped the module to allow correct function on reverse in NAR cars. If you do all the correct programming without the module, the mirror will dip for the passenger side, but won't return correctly to starting position. Just got to be too annoying so I coded it out.

Also I don't think the modules were intended to allow both sides to dip at the same time regardless, at least not with the programming I've seen. There is coding for LHD and RHD dips in the computer though, so theoretically you could program it to driver side dip with the adjuster set to R.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
^this

I don't have the post but someone identified the different door module used in cars with either memory seats or some other odd option as different, and as far as I know no one has swapped the module to allow correct function on reverse in NAR cars. If you do all the correct programming without the module, the mirror will dip for the passenger side, but won't return correctly to starting position. Just got to be too annoying so I coded it out.

Also I don't think the modules were intended to allow both sides to dip at the same time regardless, at least not with the programming I've seen. There is coding for LHD and RHD dips in the computer though, so theoretically you could program it to driver side dip with the adjuster set to R.

passenger mirror dips and returns to the previous position more than 90% of times that I've tried. Most times it requires minor adjustment (push time adjust knob down 1-2 times to set it correctly)

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to get it working like passenger side one.

"L" for driver mirror, "R" for passenger mirror.

But only "R" for passenger mirror is working.

I don't want both dipping at same time also. I want each doing it alone. Or L or R.

Can you confirm that is not possible to put on "L" to get driver mirror dip?

Please DV52, please give some input here.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
passenger mirror dips and returns to the previous position more than 90% of times that I've tried. Most times it requires minor adjustment (push time adjust knob down 1-2 times to set it correctly)
My luck was no where near that good on my car, it's a neat feature but not if it isn't seamless IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jamie007

Ready to race!
I'm trying to do this on my 2017 Sport, and hitting a wall. I'm using an OBDEleven so coding is slightly different. I was able to go to the passenger door and enable bits 2 and 3. But when I go into Central Electronics, I DO NOT HAVE "Access control 2," like what is listed below. Maybe it's something to do with me not having memory seats? But Poison Potato was able to do it on his 2017 Sport, so I don't know why my car would be different. Anybody else able to do this on their GTI Sport?

Nothing even close to this on my car:

17-Access control 2 Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt (change to “active”)
(22) Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung (change to “active”) this puts the option in the menu screen.

Corrado_slc

Maybe i can hijack this thread to ask a question of my own about the mirror dip.

I enabled the dip but when it does it it seems like the mirror doesn’t come back up to the same position it was in before the dip occurred. It goes up way to high. Anyone else have this problem?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Maybe i can hijack this thread to ask a question of my own about the mirror dip.

I enabled the dip but when it does it it seems like the mirror doesn’t come back up to the same position it was in before the dip occurred. It goes up way to high. Anyone else have this problem?
A few posts up:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=519769

We don't have the memory module that allows the mirror to go back to the set position

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R

Is this on the stock mirrors or do you have the folding ones?