GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight conversion kits???

Starfish

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, I am currently on the task of wanting to change out the H7 low beams to a 10,000K (HID OR LED) conversion kit. Does anyone know of a brand or place that for sure sells compatible kits for my 2015 1.8? Thanks!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
There's a guy who trolls these forums who will sell you any number of various Chinese conversion kits, for everything from your headlights to your glove box light. He'll be along at any moment now shilling for his products.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Why 10k. That's going to be blue.

Go for max 6k

Starfish

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes I am fully aware of the colour temperature & it is what I am going for. Quite frankly don’t care if I’m sacrificing that much visibility because I do like the hint of blue. I’ve been debating on 8000k aswell but I’d rather wait for a proper product that will fit my H7 housing instead of getting some random H7 kit online & finding out that it doesn’t click in.. hence why I’m here

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Yes I am fully aware of the colour temperature & it is what I am going for. Quite frankly don’t care if I’m sacrificing that much visibility because I do like the hint of blue.

All you're doing is advertising the fact that you prioritize "looking cool" over actually being able to see as well as possible. In other words, safety isn't your priority. How cool is that? Or as George Carlin once said, "That's not cool, that's chilly. And chilly ain't never been cool."

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
All you're doing is advertising the fact that you prioritize "looking cool" over actually being able to see as well as possible. In other words, safety isn't your priority. How cool is that? Or as George Carlin once said, "That's not cool, that's chilly. And chilly ain't never been cool."

As above, you see blue coming towards you all you think is twat. Stay classy with white and with the bonus of being able to see the road ahead.

Starfish

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for all of your opinions as if I wasn’t fully aware... useless help. If anyone has any useful information on anywhere for compatible kits of 8000k or 10000k please feel free to reply below. Really, I honestly dont care for opinions I don’t ask for. I do appreciate your concerns & I do understand what all of you are saying, but for 1, I’m not going for some ultra deep blue light. Maybe I am on the edge of crossing that line with the 10k, but for as long as I care, I want that hint of blue.

Hope all of you “classy” drivers don’t mind.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Hope all of you “classy” drivers don’t mind.

Why should we mind? I'll tell you why.

I don't care whatever silly crap someone wants to buy for their own car, UNTIL and UNLESS it endangers ME or anyone else on the road. I'm blinded by bad, illegal, aftermarket headlight conversions almost daily. So yeah, I DO mind when I read crap like this, especially when the inquirer basically tells us to f-off because his perception of "looking cool" is more important to him than other drivers' safety.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Just use Google. There are thousands of kits out there for any type of bulb you want. My advise, at least get a set of decent projectors before going HID. Also, I wouldn't run anything above a 35watt ballast without doing a relay kit as it will strain the factory wiring. The factory headlights are sealed with caps, so you won't find any kit out there that will just be a 5 minute plug in and play. The connections will plug and play, but you'll have to drill the access cap and feed the wiring through and then make sure it is sealed properly.

Also, 10k HID's are not going to be a hint of blue, they will look very blue or even purple. If you want a hint of blue, I would not exceed 8k.