GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 18 SE purchase today. Comments and thoughts.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

Very surprised that the SE doesn't have dual-zone climate control. In Canada it comes standard even in the base model.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I would have loved that. Only on Autobahns in the US.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Interesting that they went to piano black trim on the GTI. It looks great but to my eye, also looks kinda plasticky, and is an absolute dust magnet. I just try to ignore the dust in my car rather than obsess over it and constantly try to keep it looking clean. Looks great in low light and at night.

I like that honeycomb pattern on the door & dash trim. And LOVE the green.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Does the App button take you to Android Auto/carplay?

rnam488

Ready to race!
I'm liking the new green. It has a 90s feel to it.

I must say though, after seeing pics of the upgraded screen, I think the MK7 interior still looks nicer.

rnam488

Ready to race!
Nicer than what?

Nicer than the MK7.5. I'm not a big fan of the new screen/button layout. I've always preferred something more tactile with physical buttons

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Congrats on a very nice GTI! I like the color & the way it flips in different lighting conditions. Pretty sweet warranty too! Enjoy your ride.

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
Congrats, and awesome color- what I'll buy mine in when the time comes- but I don't see any way that price was remotely possible. If it is, some dealer just lost money on a brand new-on-lot-car.

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
It takes you to where those items are, yes.

Is there any other way to do it in the MK7 than to push the menu button, and then click android auto/apple carplay? In other words, is there a one button way of getting to the apps?

drewsro

Passed Driver's Ed
Nicer than the MK7.5. I'm not a big fan of the new screen/button layout. I've always preferred something more tactile with physical buttons

I don't mind the new screen and buttons, I don't like the piano black trim though.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Interesting that they went to piano black trim on the GTI. It looks great but to my eye, also looks kinda plasticky, and is an absolute dust magnet. I just try to ignore the dust in my car rather than obsess over it and constantly try to keep it looking clean. Looks great in low light and at night.

I like that honeycomb pattern on the door & dash trim. And LOVE the green.

Just look how bad dust shows up on piano black.
Why not just use door honeycomb pattern for dash.
Not super good looking but better than gloss black.