GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Peed off at VW, not resolving an issue

Baby Driver

They could order both parts from the warehouse and return the part that they don’t use.

I think this would be a reasonable request. I'd show up at the beginning of the day with a box of donuts (or whatever passes for breakfast in your parts) along with a request that they order the "extra" part so you can have your vehicle while the parts ship. Staying nice is paramount, though.

You may also want to speak with a different dealership to see if they might be more flexible given your situation.

Best of luck!

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
That's not how it's done. What if they did that in every case? Not really feasible.

If you do your own repairs do you buy several parts that you think are it, before you've even diagnosed the problem?

How what’s done?

No one is saying that they should order all possible parts for all possible repairs. :confused:

Every customer has different needs and since this one instructs in his car downtime costs him a little bit more than 99.9% of customers. So not seeing why offering more solutions hurts here.

I know for a fact repair shops (Indie and Dealer) can order parts from their supplier service and return said parts.

With the volume of parts being shipped and corporate shipping accounts sending it back shouldn’t be a big deal cost wise. If it I still a big deal offer it to the customer to cover the return shipping/stocking on the part.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm not sure you can do that anymore without a diagnosis. And what happens if they install the first part and it still is isn't fixed? They can't return it.

Since it's one side I don't see where it can anything except the blend door on that side. What exactly did the dealer say?

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Perhaps for this individual they might bend the rules, but on a grand scale it doesn't work. To many parts, too many return shipments, too many hours allocated to return items, tracking, making sure you get credit, what if the return parts get damaged or lost, etc, etc.

It can't be done that way as a practical business model for a large dealership, that's why it's not.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
They could order both parts from the warehouse and return the part that they don’t use.

Not sure how they do it in the UK, but in the US, most car companies charge a hefty fee for returns of special-ordered parts.