GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

7.5R Uprated Clutch?

penpal1

Anyone know if the facelifted models have the same clutch as the pre-facelift models. Since the 7.5 R's are rated at 310 hp in europe now from the factory would it not make sense for VW to put a stronger clutch in. Especially if the pre-facelift cars are slipping even at stock power.

If someone can dig up the part numbers that would be great.

penpal1

I've just been seeing a lot of threads about clutches slipping even at stock power. My mk6 slipped at stage 1 powers, but I don't plan on tuning the new R just yet just because of the warranty issues.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

SRoads

Ready to race!
Guys slip those with stage 2 power, I wouldn't bother

I'll be going DKM stage 3 twin disk

Had one on my stage 2 mk6 for 70K with no issues and one on my stage 2 R for 30K...so far no issues. Clutches can always fail depends on how you drive.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Had one on my stage 2 mk6 for 70K with no issues and one on my stage 2 R for 30K...so far no issues. Clutches can always fail depends on how you drive.

I haven't seen them failing, just not holding the power of stage 2 cars. For a little more money you can get a LOT more clutch with DKM and it's never gonna slip with is38 power. To each their own, just sharing what I've seen and what I plan to do

SRoads

Ready to race!
I haven't seen them failing, just not holding the power of stage 2 cars. For a little more money you can get a LOT more clutch with DKM and it's never gonna slip with is38 power. To each their own, just sharing what I've seen and what I plan to do

I wonder if weeping rear main seals are causing them not to hold. They should be able to reliably hold is38 power levels. The ones you have seen first hand, how were broken in?

Varinn

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know if the facelifted models have the same clutch as the pre-facelift models. Since the 7.5 R's are rated at 310 hp in europe now from the factory would it not make sense for VW to put a stronger clutch in. Especially if the pre-facelift cars are slipping even at stock power.

If someone can dig up the part numbers that would be great.

Called the parts department of my dealer today and we cross referenced part numbers based off VIN from a 2018 and 2017 R Manual and compared that number to a 2018 GTI. Both Golf R were identical sadly. Maybe it is wrong but seems unlikely.

Golf R : 06k141015cx
GTI: 06k141015bx

manfriday

Ready to race!
Called the parts department of my dealer today and we cross referenced part numbers based off VIN from a 2018 and 2017 R Manual and compared that number to a 2018 GTI. Both Golf R were identical sadly. Maybe it is wrong but seems unlikely.

Golf R : 06k141015cx
GTI: 06k141015bx

Damn, looks like accountants are doing the engineering now days. The bitter stench of dieselgate will hang in the air for some time yet