GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golf R with 5 cylinder

Arac

Ready to race!
Auto Moto und Sport has reported that a new R with the RS3's 5 cylinder has been spotted testing at the Nürburgring.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/erlkoenig-vw-golf-r420-daten-bilder-marktstart-preise-677856.html

Translation:

After the exhaust gas scandal at VW 2015 is it has become quiet around a hot VW Golf version, until now. At the Nürburgring is testing a prototype VW currently again - under the body of the old golf.

Today, as then, from the oval tailpipes of the throaty sound of the faucht now five-cylinder. More precisely, the 2.5-liter five cylinder in the Volkswagen Group, which is currently only in the Audi TT, as well as in the new Audi RS3. In both models, the 400 HP turbo unit presses on the crankshaft and reaches 480 Nm torque

They speculate it could hit 300km/h (186mph) and could be a special model for the upcoming Mk8.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
I think it would be a great car, but now that I am settling into my R, not sure if I would make the switch especially after getting back into a 6MT.

I passed up a RS3 order because of current circumstances, but if those change and this arrives to North America it will be a challenging decision, especially being in a hatch instead of a sedan - not to mention I left things open in a 3-yr lease...

adam1991

Banned
Just what we need, a $60k Golf, purchased by people who have no business spending that much on a car, then immediately throw $15k in mods at it. :eek:

Right off the lot.

But AFTER spending $15K to have the detailer take it off the truck and cocoon each body panel in plastic...

S62R

Passed Driver's Ed
I was hoping for the RS3 Sporthatch to hit N. America but if this comes to fruition, sign me up! $60k+ for a R would be a hard pill to swallow but at $59,999....well....:D

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
It will be narrow body and DSG only. Meh.

To me the RS3 was a missed opportunity.

They should have at least gave it boxed flares.

The concept car...

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
We definitely need an rs3 avant- or golf r variant.

Maybe I’ll make my Alltrack an rs3-powered Golf if I win the lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk