GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofit light/rainsensor auto switch

SnakeR32

Hello, for let me introduce myself.
I am Jochem and I'm from the Netherlands.
I've got a mk7 (leasecar, but hey I love it)
I'm sorry for my bad English but I will do my best.

Now I bought myself the retrofit rain/light sensor.
I saw a topic here and that says that there must be a cable placed something with a purple look. I thought it was the purple one that goes in pin 2 of the switch. Now I need to know witch connected I need to put in the other side of the cable.. Iread it must goes in the BCE module? Where is it and does have anyone a schedule of in what pin connection in need to put in? I activated everything in vcds but it still gives me a fault code in my screen about the light when I have it in auto switch. BTW the rainsensor works perfectly! ?

ofektal12

Ready to race!
Hello, for let me introduce myself.
I am Jochem and I'm from the Netherlands.
I've got a mk7 (leasecar, but hey I love it)
I'm sorry for my bad English but I will do my best.

Now I bought myself the retrofit rain/light sensor.
I saw a topic here and that says that there must be a cable placed something with a purple look. I thought it was the purple one that goes in pin 2 of the switch. Now I need to know witch connected I need to put in the other side of the cable.. Iread it must goes in the BCE module? Where is it and does have anyone a schedule of in what pin connection in need to put in? I activated everything in vcds but it still gives me a fault code in my screen about the light when I have it in auto switch. BTW the rainsensor works perfectly! ?

I Assume you are talking about the wire for the auto light switch, this wire goes from pin 2 on the light switch connector to the bcm pin 16 on socket c

the bcm has 3 connectors, you will need to take out the connector and remove its cover, connect the wire and put it all back together, then you will need tell the vehicle that it has an auto light switch using OBD11 or VCDS