GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 on E30 vs C7 Vette

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Dyno'd my car today on pump gas, made 367whp SAE dynojet. After that went to the only place around that sells E85, tested it (was E74) and blended to an E30 mix.

Reflashed the car and jumped on the highway to head home.

Before even the first datalog on the E30 base map, I ended up playing with an automagic C7, had a catback, not sure if anything else.

He had the jump from 70mph. I was waiting in 3rd and hit it when i heard his car downshift. He put about a car on me off the hit and i stopped his pull. Thats where we stayed all the way into 6th gear.

I couldn't reel him in, he couldn't walk away. We let out at 150+mph, not sure exactly but i needed 6th gear so we were rolling. I'm sure the guy was a bit dumbfounded about a VW hatchback having a dogfight with his Vette. I was pumped, it's really rare to have a close race with a random person...and this one was quite a bit different from my last C7 encounter (when stage 2).

We exchanged thumbs up and went our separate ways. Best part was the guy was about 70 years old!

After the pull i glanced at my AP, 27.4psi peak boost and 1-2 degrees of max knock...guess the base map was safe lol.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Nice, should be able to pull on him a bit next time once you get that e30 tune dialed in

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Dyno'd my car today on pump gas, made 367whp SAE dynojet. After that went to the only place around that sells E85, tested it (was E74) and blended to an E30 mix.

Before even the first datalog on the E30 base map, I ended up playing with an automagic C7, had a catback, not sure if anything else.

He had the jump from 70mph. I was waiting in 3rd and hit it when i heard his car downshift. He put about a car on me off the hit and i stopped his pull. Thats where we stayed all the way into 6th gear.

I couldn't reel him in, he couldn't walk away. We let out at 150+mph, not sure exactly but i needed 6th gear so we were rolling. I'm sure the guy was a bit dumbfounded about a VW hatchback having a dogfight with his Vette. I was pumped, it's really rare to have a close race with a random person...and this one was quite a bit different from my last C7 encounter (when stage 2).

We exchanged thumbs up and went our separate ways. Best part was the guy was about 70 years old!

After the pull i glanced at my AP, 27.4psi peak boost and 1-2 degrees of max knock...guess the base map was safe lol.
Nice. Do you test at the pump with a test tube

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Nope.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Nice, should be able to pull on him a bit next time once you get that e30 tune dialed in

I haven't datalogged it, but seeing the little knock i had with how much load i put on it, there should be a little more in it!

Yes, it's a pain in the ass but i don't really like the "ethanol content" sensors.

Once it goes to full E85 i know i won't have to test again until the fall. We've been using this pump for years...its dead consistent all summer long, but until they make the switch ill be testing.

Some of your posts are gold :D

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I haven't datalogged it, but seeing the little knock i had with how much load i put on it, there should be a little more in it!

Yes, it's a pain in the ass but i don't really like the "ethanol content" sensors.

Once it goes to full E85 i know i won't have to test again until the fall. We've been using this pump for years...its dead consistent all summer long, but until they make the switch ill be testing.

Some of your posts are gold :D
I have a test tube also. Haven't used it yet, I have to make the 130 mile round trip to fill up my 55 gallon drum then I'll test and see what we got. I hate not have a single station here with it. I just read an article that the big auto makers met with "the board" about standardizing the octane to a flat 95 which would be amazing

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I have a test tube also. Haven't used it yet, I have to make the 130 mile round trip to fill up my 55 gallon drum then I'll test and see what we got. I hate not have a single station here with it. I just read an article that the big auto makers met with "the board" about standardizing the octane to a flat 95 which would be amazing

91 oct US, 95 by Europe standards

So they’re just saying 91 oct as the replacement for 87 oct as the lowest pump gas option in US

railroader

Autocross Newbie
91 oct US, 95 by Europe standards

So they’re just saying 91 oct as the replacement for 87 oct as the lowest pump gas option in US
I'm sorry, your right I just reread the article and I miss read it, didn't mean to spread "fake news" [emoji16] good catch

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I'm sorry, your right I just reread the article and I miss read it, didn't mean to spread "fake news" [emoji16] good catch

Just thought I’d mention it before ya got to excited lol :)

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Just thought I’d mention it before ya got to excited lol :)
Lol I was excited, I'm already stuck with garbage 91

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Lol I was excited, I'm already stuck with garbage 91

Same here, I wish we had over 91 in CA

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed

Nice run man , I cant wait to get slighter larger turbo in my MK7 so many options :confused:

tknj99

Ready to race!

Good run! .. and aren't they all 70 yr olds in vettes lol

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Good run! .. and aren't they all 70 yr olds in vettes lol
Just about my dad is 73 and had a few, 65, 66, 99, and now a 58

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
My old man has my c7. It would still take my GTI for now. I’m ok with that. No existential crisis here. :). But, good to know is38 on corn does the trick. Get on cam??

Last edited: