GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tow hitch for mk7 GTI

Moff2

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone recommend me a tow hitch for my mk7 (well, 7.5, but I don't think it'll matter much) GTI.
I've seen detachable ones on eBay for around £150, just wondering if anyone would recommend a certain one.
Have seen this one which would be ideal! but the car owner said it was ordered from new and he doesn't know if it's retrofit-able

https://youtu.be/hqE5iKI2M9A

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Can anyone recommend me a tow hitch for my mk7 (well, 7.5, but I don't think it'll matter much) GTI.
I've seen detachable ones on eBay for around £150, just wondering if anyone would recommend a certain one.
Have seen this one which would be ideal! but the car owner said it was ordered from new and he doesn't know if it's retrofit-able

https://youtu.be/hqE5iKI2M9A

That's exactly what I'd be looking for too! Nice clean way to carry couple bikes while keeping aesthetics ?

airjor13

Ready to race!
CURT just installed, super easy and very solid design

ClubSandwiches

Passed Driver's Ed
CURT. Easy install. Holds my Thule XT Pro no problems.

airjor13

Ready to race!

No problems towing my bike with the Curt hitch + euro raised ball

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
The problem with the Curt is that you have to use a strap if you are going to carry bikes. I went with the Draw Tite

Could you explain? Not sure what you mean by having to use a strap.

I have used my Curt for a few years now, throw the Thule bike rack into hitch, cinch up, and off I go... nice set up.

Albee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Another vote for the Curt

Attachments

• IMG_20180412_095253775_HDR-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20180412_095253775_HDR-800x600.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 2,157

buccad

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
Another +1 for Curt. Super easy to install, came with all the necessary hardware plus fishwire to pull the bolt through the existing holes in the subframe. Plus, I think it looks really clean and doesn't really hurt departure angle too much.

Last edited: