GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Did You Drive Before You Drove A MKVII Golf, GTI or R?

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
MK6 TDI, the buy back amount was ludacris so I considered it a lotto #winning of sorts and put it towards my R. I purchased the R in Feb 17 so there were deals to be had on the msrp/winter wheel pkg/and extended warranty. I am very happy with the car!

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
A '92 Camry wagon. Lost all my pictures of it when I swapped phones, but it was green, rusted on the hood, would leak water on my arm whenever it rained, and never gave me a single mechanical issue.

I don't miss the bugger, but considering it was well over 200k on the odometer, I don't really hold anything against it. Going from that to a Mk7 was quite the experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
2012 Toyota Avalon, LOL.

Quite fast in the straight line with tons of wheel spinning. Dangerously numb and light steering feel on the highways. Not particularly comfortable despite the TV ads and reviews.
My dad has a 2011 and I empathetically agree with everything said here from my experience driving it.

That steering in particular, feels like it's connected to the wheels with a rubber band.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gavman

Car(s)
Kia Stinger GT
First car was a 2003 GMC Sonoma, I then got a 2005 Scion TC which is what got me into cars strangely enough! I went a little ricer before I actually started learning about cars and the bought my GTI!

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
What did you drive before you drove a MKVII Golf, GTI or R?

I came to my GTI by way of the diesel scandal. Prior to my GolfMK7 GTI, I had a 2010, 2012, and 2014 TDI Sportwagens. It fit my lifestyle when I had a large Labradoodle. (I still miss the mileage :( and my Labradoodle)

Prior to joining the VW family, I had a couple of Subaru Outbacks ('06 & '09) - until they started to get large (built on the Tribeca platform) and I gave up the AWD. I've never looked back.

I'm curious how you came to be VW owners? If you're a long-time VW owner or always had VWs, what was your first VW?

My parents got me hooked VW. First was a 68 beetle for them. Through the years we have had at least one in the family. My first was an 82 Black Tie Edition Silver Rabbit. I now have a 2017 Golf R. My 10th VW! My list is in this topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
Current besides my 15 GTI
17 A4 daily
16 Audi allroad
2005 Mini Cooper S
2013 Audi A8
2009 Audi A8
2009 Cadillac DTS
2006 Cadillac DTS I Think that's the correct model, can't remember at the moment
2002 Cadillac Deville
90 something Hyundai Excel LOL
1984 Honda Civic
92 Fiat uno
76 Datsun something :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Datsun B 210? They had a Bumblebee right too

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
1981 Volkswagen Rabbit

2010 Volkswagen Jetta (Put 125k on this car, never had an issue)

2016 Volkswagen GTI, 2 door, pp, Stage 2, Clutch & Flywheel, Tires! :) Obviously my fav.

But really wish I kept my first car, the Rabbit!

Had an 82 Rabbit. Black Tie. It would it 40 plus miles per gallon with a gas engine. (I-95) NC to Ft. Lauderdale. It had a 10 gallon tank and I’d break 430 miles before the reserve when interstate driving.

Nrappa

Ready to race!
Same here man. I'm a senior at Rutgers and all my friends get to do whatever they want whenever they want and i'm like... I have a car payment next week, I'm in for the weekend lol.

Yeah dude, my insurance is nuts too. Over $350 a month plus premium is getting pricey in NY too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk