GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R vs cops

JKoehle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I recall seeing a Car and Driver video somewhat recently where they put a few cars on a track against some “Pursuit Pack” Charger with all the bells and whistles. Among the cars tested was a PP GTI and the consensus was that a skilled driver taking advantage of turns would be able to lose a cop in one.

I had an opportunity where I know I could have run and gotten away recently, but I live in a small town and the cops here love running my plates (out of state) whenever they see my car. I’m sure it wouldn’t have turned out well.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
What about that Mustang in Colorado recently... Worked for him!???

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

exactly what was said before, cops didn't catch his tags and disengaged so they would not endanger public at 140mph+

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
A lightly modded R is definitely fast enough to outrun a single cop if you're a REALLY good driver. Once you factor in the radio and police chopper, it becomes nearly impossible these days. Only chance you have is if you're in the middle of nowhere being chased by the local Sherriff or if the police don't get your tags and disengage.

1 on 1, a Stage II or up R should win if you have the skills to match, but as you said, with a radio involved, they're gonna just sit and wait for you. And once a helicopter is up, you're screwed.

Thurnis

Ready to race!
terrible driver. He had plenty of opportunities to get away early when cop lost line of sight.
Car was most likely stolen. which unfortunately means the owner is gonna need a new car. Thieves suck.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Hoping to run against a police charger at the next half mile I'm signed up for. They've wanted to run at the last two I was at and chickened out last second because they thought they'd get in trouble.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hoping to run against a police charger at the next half mile I'm signed up for. They've wanted to run at the last two I was at and chickened out last second because they thought they'd get in trouble.

What's the half mile?

When I was very young and lived in Philly, the undercover cops would pull beside you in a non-police car and try to goad you into racing. If you did, they said you were the one who asked them to race and ticketed you. Scumbags. I once got a ticket there for using only fog lights. A buddy got a ticket for beeping his horn at a cop.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
What's the half mile?

When I was very young and lived in Philly, the undercover cops would pull beside you in a non-police car and try to goad you into racing. If you did, they said you were the one who asked them to race and ticketed you. Scumbags. I once got a ticket there for using only fog lights. A buddy got a ticket for beeping his horn at a cop.

What kind of ticket is that???

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
What's the half mile?

Noflyzone is the half mile event.

Philly cops are bad. I grew up in jersey, had cops pull me over and search my car in college, made up some bs story after the fact about my vehicle and driver matching the description of an armed bank robber in the hood at 2 A.M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk