GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DG Springs on MK7

• Thread starter Deleted member 137012
  • Start date

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Tomorrow.

Cant wait! Where are you going to post pics and impressions?

I’m sure your going to take measurements before/after?

BTW your outline of spring options above was spot on.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Cant wait! Where are you going to post pics and impressions?

I’m sure your going to take measurements before/after?

BTW your outline of spring options above was spot on.

Yeah I'll take a side profile shot, of a dirty car with dirty wheels. No spacers till I measure, so they won't be all that flush. Then stud conversion and spacers whenever they arrive next week.

I thought I had written down stock F2G measurements but I must have failed, because I can't find them anywhere. Oh well, I'll measure after I pick the car up.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Here's the skinny, to help you decide.

.75 drop and OE ride: DG, Pro-Kit Euro
.75 drop and tighter ride: H&R OE Sport
.75-1.0 drop and OE Ride: Eibach Pro-Kit Euro
1.0 drop and tighter ride: Eibach Pro-Kit NA
1.0 drop and tighter ride: 034 Dynamic+
1.1 drop and in between: Neuspeed Sport
1.2 drop and OE ride: VWR
1.2 drop and OE ride: ED
1.3 drop and tighter ride: H&R Sport

Amazing, thanks for putting this list together - very helpful. Just a couple of discrepancies l noticed - The link you have for the Eibach Pro-Kit Euro shows the fronts as progressive and rear are linear. However, when I looked at the Eibach German page, it shows all 4 as linear in the picture. The other thing is when I selected GTI in the Eibach Germany catalogue, it lists the Pro-Kit as having 1" - 1.2" drop in front and 0.6" - 0.8" drop in the back. Can you please confirm with the set you have which one it is?

I'm looking for justs a slight drop (0.75" category). I prefer to get linear only as progressive is too bumpy for me (been there, done that). If the Eibach Euro Pro-kit are progressive in front, then I guess the choice is made for me - since H&R OE Sport are progressive also, I will have to get DG.

Cheers.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Amazing, thanks for putting this list together - very helpful. Just a couple of discrepancies l noticed - The link you have for the Eibach Pro-Kit Euro shows the fronts as progressive and rear are linear. However, when I looked at the Eibach German page, it shows all 4 as linear in the picture. The other thing is when I selected GTI in the Eibach Germany catalogue, it lists the Pro-Kit as having 1" - 1.2" drop in front and 0.6" - 0.8" drop in the back. Can you please confirm with the set you have which one it is?

I'm looking for justs a slight drop (0.75" category). I prefer to get linear only as progressive is too bumpy for me (been there, done that). If the Eibach Euro Pro-kit are progressive in front, then I guess the choice is made for me - since H&R OE Sport are progressive also, I will have to get DG.

Cheers.

The picture on Auto Anything is incorrect, they are linear.

https://eibach.com/de/sites/default/files/eibach-produktkatalog_0.pdf

Search for E10-15-021-02-22, the relevant information is on Page 290, but the drop listed is for standard Golf, not GTI.

Ryan L

.75 drop and OE ride: DG, Pro-Kit Euro
.75-1.0 drop and OE Ride: Eibach Pro-Kit Euro
1.0 drop and tighter ride: Eibach Pro-Kit NA
Correct me if I am wrong anyone and I can update.

OE ride just means more plush and more bounce.

You have Euro PK listed twice for some reason. Advertised is about 1” front and 0.8” rear. Many of the websites list this wrong. I am 0.3” lower in the front and 0.2” lower in the rear as compared to the white GTI with DG springs on page 1 (340mm F and R). Ride is definently not “bouncy and more plush” as compared to OE. The ride is slightly more harsh and stiff. The bouncy complaints usually come from the progressive rate spring guys. I’ve also heard soft and bouncy complaints from some DG guys. DG is an aesthetic spring... not performance oriented as compared to the others.

Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
You have Euro PK listed twice for some reason. Advertised is about 1” front and 0.8” rear. Many of the websites list this wrong. I just outside and measured mine. I am 0.3” lower in the front and 0.2” lower in the rear as compared to the white GTI with DG springs on page 1 (340mm F and R). Ride is definently not “bouncy and more plush” as compared to OE. The ride is slightly more harsh and stiff. The bouncy complaints usually come from the progrsssive rate spring guys. I’ve also heard soft and bouncy complaints from some DG guys. DG is an aesthetic spring... not performance oriented as compared to the others.

I don't disagree now that I am running the Euro PK myself. Fixed the extra listing.

I guess it's a bad idea to generalize based on design and rates. Have you ridden on H&R OE or the NA PK? I'd be curious how they differ in feel from the EU PK.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Ryan L

I don't disagree now that I am running the Euro PK myself. Fixed the extra listing.

I guess it's a bad idea to generalize based on design and rates. Have you ridden on H&R OE or the NA PK? I'd be curious how they differ in feel from the EU PK.
I just read your review in the other thread. Your car looks great! You should post it here.

I have not ridden on the H&R OE or NA PK. This thread was linked in a GTI Facebook group under the presumption that Euro PK gives the same drop as DG, which couldn’t be farther than the truth.

Badbunny29

Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
I'll throw in some obligatory DG spring pics
Hey Clem, where did you get your spacers from? I hear the oz's use a different seat for the wheel bolts but it seems like they have a pretty decent length to them. I can even imagine where to go for longer wheel studs that match these wheels...